This discussion is closed.
rvertez1038
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys,

I did absolutely terrible on the bmat: 3.4 4 3A

I know it’s awful but is there even a 1% chance of an interview at ucl if my other stats are: 10A* 1A, predicted A*A*A at a level and have a good personal statement and reference.

I don’t understand why I did so bad when I was getting 5s/6s in past papers :/
I know nothing can change it now but just want to know if I still even have the slightest chance of an interview, the averages dropped from last year.
futuredoctorz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can't really help regarding your chances but I am in the same boat (I got 4.1, 3.5 and 2.5A after getting 5s/6s on the past papers as well).
The averages are a little higher than our scores but hopefully they liked our PS and we'll get an interview
ProbablyJade
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by futuredoctorz)
I can't really help regarding your chances but I am in the same boat (I got 4.1, 3.5 and 2.5A after getting 5s/6s on the past papers as well).
The averages are a little higher than our scores but hopefully they liked our PS and we'll get an interview
(Original post by rvertez1038)
Hey guys,

I did absolutely terrible on the bmat: 3.4 4 3A

I know it’s awful but is there even a 1% chance of an interview at ucl if my other stats are: 10A* 1A, predicted A*A*A at a level and have a good personal statement and reference.

I don’t understand why I did so bad when I was getting 5s/6s in past papers :/
I know nothing can change it now but just want to know if I still even have the slightest chance of an interview, the averages dropped from last year.
Guys! I feel you both. For some reason i ended up with a 4.5 in section two and i had been getting 6s at practice. What made it worse is i thought i had done better in section two that one and then i ended up doing worse! I think its not worth worrying over, there is always a chance to re-apply. The BMAT is really tricky and its just how its goes on the day.
mygcserevision
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same boat as you got 3.6, 4.2 and 3A how lenient are ucl like whats the lowest bmat score youve heard thats gotten into ucl
im just hoping atleast theyll give me a chance and let me have an interview
Momina Hussain
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Worse still for me, 3.1, 2.9 and 5A

What was I thinking? And I only applied to BMAT unis. Fml
futuredoctorz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Momina Hussain)
Worse still for me, 3.1, 2.9 and 5A

What was I thinking? And I only applied to BMAT unis. Fml
Got 4.1, 3.5 and 2.5A and applied only to BMAT unis as well! I feel you!
k.g.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 4.4,4.2,3.5A which is okay but my gcses aren't amazing (4A* 5A 2B and B Addmaths). How much do ucl look at gcses . a level predictions are A*A*A* and A in epq.
trollface54
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 4.4, 3.5, 3A in BMAT. I'm really depressed as Ive already got rejected from Oxford with GCSE 15A* A(additional maths) PASS(algebra level 3) and A*AA predictions. My UKCAT was also terrible- 607.5 Bnd 2. Please don't judge me by my GCSEs I'm not that kinda guy.Just praying to God that UCL give me a chance.
k.g.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you guys know how much ucl look at GCSEs for medicine.
mygcserevision
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by k.g.)
do you guys know how much ucl look at GCSEs for medicine.
theyre holistic so if its not the strongest, then theyll look at the rest and hope its strong enough to compensate but im not entirely sure
NiceB8M8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied last year with 5.2 5.7 and 3.5A in my BMAT and got rejected pre interview. If the rest of your application is strong, you still have a good shot at getting an interview.
mo08
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NiceB8M8)
I applied last year with 5.2 5.7 and 3.5A in my BMAT and got rejected pre interview. If the rest of your application is strong, you still have a good shot at getting an interview.
Why do you think you were rejected?
k.g.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I saw some info about ucl were ppl got in with averages of high 3s to low 4s. How would the rest of their stats look?
Also bear in mind that there will be many more people with average of 4s this year since the average was lower.
heyoguys
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any chance for an international app with 6.1 6.5 and 2A? The 2 is quite worrying I feel
futuredoctorz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by heyoguys)
Any chance for an international app with 6.1 6.5 and 2A? The 2 is quite worrying I feel
Your other sections are really good though! I think you definitely have a chance!
k.g.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
anyone heard anything from any unos they've applied to ???
futuredoctorz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by k.g.)
anyone heard anything from any unos they've applied to ???
ReJection from Cambridge and Imperial, nothing from UCL yet
k.g.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by futuredoctorz)
ReJection from Cambridge and Imperial, nothing from UCL yet
i haven't heard back from imperial and ucl yet but have got my 5th choice neuroscience at kings at least. what were the other choices you applied for?
futuredoctorz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by k.g.)
i haven't heard back from imperial and ucl yet but have got my 5th choice neuroscience at kings at least. what were the other choices you applied for?
Exercise and Sports Medicine at UCL
chelseafc141
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 3.1 4.7 4A.
S1 destroyed me.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.77%
No (502)
66.23%

Watched Threads