The Student Room Group

Should Middle Class people retire later ?

Middle-class professionals should retire later than working-class people, Labour's Alex Cunningham has suggested.

he/she cannot be serious ? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
should communists be removed from major parties?
Upper-class people should never retire
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/24/middle-class-professionals-should-retire-later-working-class/

Nice to see you conveniently ignoring the bit about health. He's an MP in a fairly poor constituent with people living significantly less, therefore it's natural that they give these suggestions as an attempt to influence the Overton window. I doubt he truly believes in it. And it seems to be a bit of a throwaway comment anyway.

Of course, we can trust the devoted right wing to manipulate the truth to suit their "Labour are communists and extreme" agenda. Keep going, this is why Corbyn's so popular.
Reply 4
Original post by Hirsty97
Upper-class people should never retire

smart that's just we need; another excuse for the establishment to remain

THINK
I don't know why anyone still takes the Labour Party seriously.
Reply 6
Original post by Chaz254
I don't know why anyone still takes the Labour Party seriously.

probably has something to do with the fact that they aren't currently the clowns with majority
relativity
Original post by uniapplier222
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/24/middle-class-professionals-should-retire-later-working-class/

Nice to see you conveniently ignoring the bit about health. He's an MP in a fairly poor constituent with people living significantly less, therefore it's natural that they give these suggestions as an attempt to influence the Overton window. I doubt he truly believes in it. And it seems to be a bit of a throwaway comment anyway.

Of course, we can trust the devoted right wing to manipulate the truth to suit their "Labour are communists and extreme" agenda. Keep going, this is why Corbyn's so popular.

Exactly.

When the R-wing keep telling lies using the media outlets that they control, it's not a surprise people are looking elsewhere for real news. And giving their support to those who don't lie to their voters.

That's why Corbyn's so popular - he's always been the same boring old dude, holding the same views and doesn't try to dress it up with slick advertising and a ton of big fat lies. He comes across as quite genuine, and more likeable for it.
Original post by ThePricklyOne
Exactly.

When the R-wing keep telling lies using the media outlets that they control, it's not a surprise people are looking elsewhere for real news. And giving their support to those who don't lie to their voters.

That's why Corbyn's so popular - he's always been the same boring old dude, holding the same views and doesn't try to dress it up with slick advertising and a ton of big fat lies. He comes across as quite genuine, and more likeable for it.

Do you want me to me to cry "FAKE NEWS!" like many leftists did when the Right said there was media bias, the media is heavily skewed to the left.

Yes his same communist beliefs that are pretty crazy, he even supports a racist loon.

You really think he does not dress up his lies, he is a clear sensationalist.
Reply 9
hmmm i think that Mr/Ms Cunningham should take his/her advice seriously and help poor ancient Jezza back to his retirement shed. the sad old duffer has been allowed to carry on for far too long & should be allowed to take it easy on his allotment, where young firebrands can come and admire his marrows.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by the bear
Middle-class professionals should retire later than working-class people, Labour's Alex Cunningham has suggested.

he/she cannot be serious ? :s-smilie:

Why? I wouldn't be against raising the retirement age for everyone, but I don't see the point of singling out certain classes. Besides, how do you even define "middle-class".
Reply 11
who's far too old for this site anyway

There's an age limit?
x

Excuse me, but this comment isn't appropriate. Anyone can use TSR. the bear is a valued, loved and almost universally respected member here on TSR. Whilst he may have his own political views, he is entitled to express them in whichever way he likes providing it doesn't violate the rules, which it doesn't.

What you don't do to prove your point is resort to insulting other people based on arbitrary factors such as age. If you evaluate a person solely based on their politics and nothing else then I despair for your limited friendship group. Be more open and less hostile please.

Thanks!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
You're ancient for this site.

Yep.

You seem to have a real problem with people older than you.

Is that because they tend to be the ones calling you out for the rubbish you spout?
Not in a way as to manipulate and deceive people, as i've proven already.

Further comments needlessly insulting the OP will be removed as they go against what we want on TSR. Thanks!
Original post by Reue
Joined 2 days ago and already knows all the older members. Do a quick dupe check and ban this troll :smile:

It's perfectly fine to have 2 accounts. I made this for the purpose of engaging in political discussions
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Paracosm
Further comments needlessly insulting the OP will be removed as they go against what we want on TSR. Thanks!

Acknowledged and I apologise to you and OP. Although i've proven beyond doubt that OP has been manipulative, maybe you should do something about that instead.
Reply 17
It's perfectly fine to have 2 accounts. I made this for the purpose of engaging in political discussions - you do ofc seem to be an old person triggered by the fact that I call out people like OP :smile:

Should have included a trigger warning tbh
Original post by Reue
Should have included a trigger warning tbh

I can't help that you're triggered. Maybe grow up.
Cleaned up the thread a little, please keep debate reasoned and fair. There is absolutely no need to resort to personal insults, thanks folks

Quick Reply

Latest