Stressed over Jan modules? COME JOIN IN..! Watch

crazyexcitedrandomer01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Apologies if another post has been made like this recently, i've not used studentroom for a month or so :confused: due to everything really, anyway, is anyone else feeling like they are just about to explode because of exams. I have a module for each of my A level modules in a week... apart from being ill which has hampered my revision efforts, i got AAA last year, and there isnt really a chance its gonna happen this year. Is anyone else feeling completely and utterly useless and like they will fail? Its horrible, and what makes it worse is the poor standard of teaching at the school.. they dont seem to care! come and share your thoughts on how you think you are going to do, and hopefully at the end of it we can all realise, that, its not the end of the world, we can always resit (although i dont want to.. psychology is doing my HEAD IN!!!) :tsr2:
Becky7337
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm beginning to stress about my chemistry and maths papers but that's just because i know i haven't done nearly as much for them as i should have! had biology today and it was fine, also had my maths repeat which i loved to pieces....i'd do it all again if i could...how sad is that?
*Tears and Butterflies*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am stressed. I can't concentrate and haven't done any revision so am trying to learn a whole psychology and Politics module in one night.

Of course, that is all my fault.
crazyexcitedrandomer01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Its so wierd how some people aren't stressed though, I keep telling people how stressed I am, they dont seem to care, and they usually achieve lower than me and :O a whole module in a night.... i mean im learning a module in a few days but 1 night... i wish you the best of luck for your exam
westlife2005
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've had my one and only exam today which was in Business, though i reckon i've done badly! I think i'm either going to get an E (which is the most likely) or a D and if it's the E, i reckon my teacher won't be best pleased The reason being, i got a D in my mock exam and she was expecting me to got a D or better in the thing today so now i'm just in such a panick!
vixky!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, pretty stressed over here. I only have two modules to take in Jan but aaaaaah. Not prepared at all.

Think this is going to be a late, loooooong night!
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jakkie-boy)
Its so wierd how some people aren't stressed though, I keep telling people how stressed I am, they dont seem to care, and they usually achieve lower than me and :O a whole module in a night.... i mean im learning a module in a few days but 1 night... i wish you the best of luck for your exam
I think you've got your answer there...

They don't care because they get lower than you.
Just look at TSR, it's full of competetive people that stress a lot, and the majority are really really clever. However, they wouldn't come on a student forum if they weren't looking for justification for their stress ('cos all people who care enough to come on a student forum will get stressed by exams, so they come here to see that everyone else is stressed), or look for some tips etc.

stranger101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm stressed!! Just had Maths today, got Politics tomorrow (and the bloody AQA website is down). Then next week on Wednesday I've got English Lit, and Thursday I have Economics.

Not looking forward to any of the exams, I'm getting quite nervous that I may not get good grades, and I really don't want to do retakes.
The Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by stranger101)
I'm stressed!! Just had Maths today, got Politics tomorrow (and the bloody AQA website is down). Then next week on Wednesday I've got English Lit, and Thursday I have Economics.

Not looking forward to any of the exams, I'm getting quite nervous that I may not get good grades, and I really don't want to do retakes.
You do the same subjects as I do !

Although I don't have an English Lit exam in Jan, mine is in June.
stranger101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Stig)
You do the same subjects as I do !

Although I don't have an English Lit exam in Jan, mine is in June.
Hey, and I live in Leicester
Laevis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A modicum of stress is good, guys :yy: Don't worry about it and good luck!
The Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by stranger101)
Hey, and I live in Leicester
haha - what a coincidence.

I only started my Politics revision on Sunday and have been doing hardly one hour a day of revision! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm hoping I get lucky and everything I learnt in depth comes up on the paper :p:
*Tears and Butterflies*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah a little stress is good, but I'm the sort of person that doesn't stress at all, does **** all all year. Then as the exam weeks begin to close in I subconsciously start to stress. (my eczma flares up and stuff) but becasue it is all subconscious I still don't revise as I'm not consciously stressed to be motivated.

Then two days before the exams it hits me ( and i usually have like 3 in two days so it's farrr too late). I get major headaches, am on the verge of tears and have to stay up all night LITERALLY drinking red bull, continuing to drink it the next day to get me through my exams.

Its not good for me. I probably am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. All i've done is scream at my mom in the past 36 hrs lol. (She understands though) The red bulls not good fro me. My eczma is a pain and my headaches are just as bad. I probably have high blood pressure but that seems to be just the way I approach exams these days, has been for a while now.

Anyone know how I could break out of these harmful habits?
stranger101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Stig)
haha - what a coincidence.

I only started my Politics revision on Sunday and have been doing hardly one hour a day of revision! I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm hoping I get lucky and everything I learnt in depth comes up on the paper :p:
For some reason I can't seem to remember anything I learn in Politics. I am still struggling to remember the different voting systems.

My Politics revision has been very dis-jointed. I did half at the beginning of Xmas, and then didn't do anything, and I've done the other half since I've been back at school from Thursday.

But I'm sure we'll be fine! Good luck to you!
markdr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know how you feel, I'm getting really stressed at the moment - I have three exams in the next 3 weeks.

My Maths stats module is next tuesday, and I'm really struggling with that, so spending all my time on it, even though its just an AS and not a part of the offer for my firm uni! But by doing that I'm giving myself only a week each for my other two exams and I feel woefully underprepared for both of them. Business especially - I've had an awful teacher this year and learnt sod all.

Oh, and, the english department, in their infinate wisdom, have decided to set the coursework deadline slap bang in the middle of this exam period. So I've got that to consume my time as well.

:mad:
Shauny88
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Tears and Butterflies*)
Then two days before the exams it hits me ( and i usually have like 3 in two days so it's farrr too late). I get major headaches, am on the verge of tears and have to stay up all night LITERALLY drinking red bull, continuing to drink it the next day to get me through my exams.

Its not good for me. I probably am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. All i've done is scream at my mom in the past 36 hrs lol. (She understands though) The red bulls not good fro me. My eczma is a pain and my headaches are just as bad. I probably have high blood pressure but that seems to be just the way I approach exams these days, has been for a while now.

Anyone know how I could break out of these harmful habits?
It's not easy to break out of a habit, regardless of how harmful it is - particularly if it's a habit that's lasted a long time. The best way in my opinion is to replace the bad habit with something good. Evaluate your situation; try to think of a workaround. I hope I don't sound patronising, but I don't know enough about your situation. I have personally been very stressed lately. I wasn't at college yesterday or on Monday as I literally couldn't sleep (maybe I got an hour or two before my alarm went off) and felt too tired to go. Ironically those nights I went to bed earlier to get more sleep than usual. (I know it's unrelated... just an example I guess. )

I've looked at a couple of your posts and you're a high achiever... much more so than me. Like me, you often leave revision 'til the last minute. I do coursework of course because I simply have to, but I often miss deadlines because I have to perfect my work and I procrastinate a lot too. I've been told that procrastination and perfectionism ultimately link to one thing: a fear of failure. And what can a fear of failure do? Give someone major anxiety problems when an exam is close or even for the whole college duration. Of course, I don't know whether any of this applies to you.

Anyway, I don't really know what to say. Different 'coping methods' apply to different people. I'd need to know a bit more about your situation. But that doesn't mean I'd be suitable for giving advice. I too have an exam tomorrow, and all I can do is worry. I think I'm going to have to pull an all-nighter. Anyway, if you want to message me and add me on Messenger - whatever, feel free, or if you'd rather just reply in this thread that's fine. Don't know if my reply will make sense but I tried. :rolleyes:
grace_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I stress about the results, not about the exams. I was far more nervous collecting exam results last August than I was about doing the exams? : I will be the same in March - I'll be really scared before I get the results!
AisAis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aaaaaaarh exam rant coming your way.

So everything was going okay. I've carried on with 5 subjects because I felt like I could manage physchology as an extra quite easily. We did mocks before Christmas, which I didn't have time to revise for, and I got AAABC, so thought I could get 4 As (I got the B in physchology - got an A for one topic and a C for the other as I hadn't revised the model the essay question was on) and then anything in history, as I know it's likely I'll have to retake it.

My exams are at a bad time because I was busy a lot over Christmas, but had 2 today, have 1 tommorow, 1 on Monday, 1 on Wednesday... and NO study leave.

I revise my arse off for psychology. I've made SO many notes and booklets and revision maps and diagrams and pictures and postits and flashcards and flashing dancing headings. And I go into the exam and do the wrong combination of questions and misread 'psychological' as 'physical' in another, meaning I've automatically lost 12/60 marks. And on the two essay questions I finished in bullet points of not at all because I was being too slow.

So bascially I've completly cocked it up and will definately have to retake and can't get more than a C. I don't think I can manage doing five AS's worth of exams plus multiple retakes in the summer, and now I'm wishing I'd dropped physchology a few weeks/months ago...

I'm so faustrated and disapointed and annoyed with myself. I knew all of the content, I just answered the wrong quetsions. And I'm SO SO fed up and bored with all the content but now I'm going to have to learn it all, all over again, in the summer. Yet I know it all inside out at the moment... I just let myself down in a moment of complete stupidity.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Chess Piece Face
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't so much stress about not having done enough preparation - I've usually revised quite intensively for a particular exam, although I do still occasionally wonder whether there are gaps in my knowledge - but I stress more about going to the exam and seeing that it's a weird question that I don't really know how to answer. That really scares me.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I spent today writing up 11 sides of A4 consisting of studies and experiments for AQA Psychology PYA4.. Not quite sure how I'm going to remember it all, and its not even ALL of the studies included in the paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (252)
27.21%
No (674)
72.79%

Watched Threads