The Student Room Group

HPV: Will this be a forever thing? Is my sex life revolving around this?

So basically just got diagnosed with HPV and have small warts that I’m using warticon on. I’m not too worried about the warts because they’re tiny and I’m sure they’ll be gone soon. But will I have the HPV virus forever?

The doctors seem so chill and calm about it but I’m worried like once the warts clear up do I need to tell every partner I’m with that I have hpv? Can I not do oral at all now? How do I know when my body passes the virus?? Ahh this sucks. I got the virus with the second guy I was with through oral not penetration because we used a condom.

Any answers, advice, or anything would help.
Original post by Hellogirl18
So basically just got diagnosed with HPV and have small warts that I’m using warticon on. I’m not too worried about the warts because they’re tiny and I’m sure they’ll be gone soon. But will I have the HPV virus forever?

The doctors seem so chill and calm about it but I’m worried like once the warts clear up do I need to tell every partner I’m with that I have hpv? Can I not do oral at all now? How do I know when my body passes the virus?? Ahh this sucks. I got the virus with the second guy I was with through oral not penetration because we used a condom.

Yes, tell any potential partners about it beforehand, and if you have met them on a night out make sure you explain what it is and how it can effect them. It will always be in your body.

It’s not the end of the world. Some people will still accept you as a partner, but some may not. There are specific dating websites for people with this. You can meet others with the virus.

Please be responsible from now on.
Original post by Hellogirl18

Original post by Lepidolite
Yes, tell any potential partners about it beforehand, and if you have met them on a night out make sure you explain what it is and how it can effect them. It will always be in your body.

It’s not the end of the world. Some people will still accept you as a partner, but some may not. There are specific dating websites for people with this. You can meet others with the virus.

Please be responsible from now on.

You should be responsible in the advice you're giving. Please stop giving advice.

OP, this person doesn't know what they are talking about. I suspect they have confused HPV with HSV.

Almost all HPV infections are cleared by the immune system over a period of several months, sometimes up to a couple of years. Fun fact, 1/3 people have HPV.
Ikr? I was like damn reading his/her response.
Reckless indeed.
I plan to abstain for the 1st year after my diagnosis. Use a condom always for the next 1 year and then retest to see if the virus is gone. Meanwhile I'm taking mushroom and green tea extract supplements to boost my immune system.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
You should be responsible in the advice you're giving. Please stop giving advice.

OP, this person doesn't know what they are talking about. I suspect they have confused HPV with HSV.

Almost all HPV infections are cleared by the immune system over a period of several months, sometimes up to a couple of years. Fun fact, 1/3 people have HPV.
Ikr? I was like damn reading his/her response.Reckless indeed.I plan to abstain for the 1st year after my diagnosis. Use a condom always for the next 1 year and then retest to see if the virus is gone. Meanwhile I'm taking mushroom and green tea extract supplements to boost my immune system.
Original post by VeniViciVidi

Quick Reply

Latest