The Student Room Group

Girls, What do you think when a guy has an interest in fashion?

Not just wearing clothes that fit, or combing his hair..
But someone who has a genuine interest in fashion.

They're on fashion forms, they're into streetwear that sort of idea.

Me personally, I'm interested in how it comes across.
I don't dress too out there, and I don't just try to flash 'oh look how much money I have' but I do wear expensive brands.

An example of what I would wear, Common Project Tan chelsea boots, slim/skinny jeans, a baggy oversized sweater, t shirt underneath maybe a shearling jacket on top..
I look back on what Kanye West wore, what Harry Styles wore.
I am interest in brands, I mean I would buy Bottega Veneta chelsea boots for the shape, the style, the brand.. despite the fact they are €600 or so, I could just buy a pair of red bottoms and it would be more obvious I blew that much on shoes.

Girls get surprised when I know a handbag is Valentino, or I know a t-shirt design is a copy of Gucci..

I'm just wondering what do you think of it?
It has not held me back in the slightest, I get told I dress quite well actually.
im impressed
It's easy to have a conversation with a girl about fashion
I think about nothing
Original post by dayoogunde
im impressed

I usually get the 'How do you know what (brand) is!?!'', it's good to know that maybe someone I've talked to was impressed by it.
im in love!!! yes *****!!!
I like when guys are into streetwear, they always get a few bonus points if they recognise what brand I'm wearing/acknowledge my outfit. Prefer that to compliments about my looks. That being said, I wouldn't want to then get into a five minute conversation about clothes because I'd find that a bit boring. Like you're both trying to get cool points from each other.
A guy who's into male fashion/unisex is good but I'd find it a bit odd tbh if they knew what brand my handbag or heels were.
If a girl discovers that you have a passion for fashion she will probably conclude that you are not a potential love interest at that point. Don't hate me, I'm only saying what the girls on here are thinking but don't want to risk offending you by divulging.
Imagine actually wanting someone who is a clone of some corporate strategist's wet dream
Original post by awkwardshortguy
If a girl discovers that you have a passion for fashion she will probably conclude that you are not a potential love interest at that point. Don't hate me, I'm only saying what the girls on here are thinking but don't want to risk offending you by divulging.

I disagree with this. A lot of women particularly urbanites love effete men who act like girls with fashion and dressing in certain way posting pics on instagram. I listen to the singer geko and whilst I find his music entertaining, he seems very homosexual to me, even though a lot of hoejabis like him.
I think it’s VERY impressive! Wish more men could talk about fashion in that way without worrying about what type of gender stereotypes society may place on them.

Quick Reply