The Student Room Group

Drop Psychology for Physics?

Currently doing A-levels in Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. I originally wanted to do Chemistry, Biology and Physics, but they wouldn't let me in without A level maths, which I really don't wanna do...
(Side note, I know there is a lot of maths in chemistry and even more so in physics- I am capable of doing maths and don't mind doing it with context, I just don't want to do it as a stand alone subject).
They told me to take Psych instead because it's still a science, but it's the worst thing i've ever done and have no motivation to do any independent study on it because I hate it.
Now I've moved to a different school who told me because I did well in physics and maths at gcse, they'll let me do physics. Advice plz thx (Want to go on to study chemistry at uni)
Hi,

I dropped Psychology at AS and replaced with Physics although doing maths also.

You don’t need maths for physics but it helps with topics where differentiation and integration is used to derive equations but you’re never expected to actually differentiate or integrate anything because those equations will be on the formula sheet.

In terms of your choice to study chemistry at uni, maths is more favoured than physics but physics is definitely better than psychology :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest