The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luisa__
Hello all together,
I applied for the bachlor programm fir medicine in groningen for Fall 2018. As far as I know we are going to be asked questions and have to write an Essay about it. Have anyone experienced the selection procedure in groningen and can tell me about it? What did they ask? How did you prepare?

Man thanks in Advance

Hiya, Im just on the process of completing my application. Which documents did you have to submit? As in, how would you write your CV? Would you need a personal statement (motivational letter), or no?
Reply 2
As far as I know you don't have to write a CV or Personal Statement. Did you already sign up in Studielink? Then you will have to do the Online Application from the University of groningen (OAS). In this Online Application System everything you have to submit is listed. :smile:
Yes I did, would you think its alright to use my UCAS personal statement? Or do they require something different? Btw, which learning community are you hoping to join?

Thanks a lot
Original post by Luisa__
As far as I know you don't have to write a CV or Personal Statement. Did you already sign up in Studielink? Then you will have to do the Online Application from the University of groningen (OAS). In this Online Application System everything you have to submit is listed. :smile:
Reply 4
Well its another platform so why not. I actually did not have the intention to upload a personal statement and didn't know that we have to state one 😅 Are you going to upload yours? What did you write in your statement?:smile: I am from germany and we never have to write something like that for an application :biggrin: I hope to join the community Molecular medicine, and you?

(edited 6 years ago)
Oh, I was just curious because that's the standard procedure for England and etc. Same here! I'm so anxious about having to learn dutch though, I'm pretty good with languages but the pronunciation is nothing like english or latin-based languages xd.

Good luck with the decentralised selection day!

Original post by Luisa__
Well its another platform so why not. I actually did not have the intention to upload a personal statement and didn't know that we have to state one 😅 Are you going to upload yours? What did you write in your statement?:smile: I am from germany and we never have to write something like that for an application :biggrin: I hope to join the community Molecular medicine, and you?

Reply 6
Thats true! The language is pretty difficult. But the University of Groningen also offers an english Bachelor programme for medicine.
Oh, you know its only for the first 3 years right? But I guess you should be fine, since its at least a tiny bit closer to german than it is to english xd

Original post by Luisa__
Thats true! The language is pretty difficult. But the University of Groningen also offers an english Bachelor programme for medicine.
Hello!
i am applying to Groningen as well.. But the application has me a bit confused..
For Studielink, what did you put as "Study programme name"? (I am obviously applying for medicine)..
Is it Health Care Management?
Sorry, I'm just a bit confused!!
Thanks
"Please note: Studielink only knows geneeskunde (=Dutch for Medicine). Please select Geneeskunde in Studielink as the degree you want to apply for. We will ask you in a later stadium which learning community you want to participate in."

Just got it from the website, hope it answers your question. Btw, which learning community are you applying for?

Original post by LadyBalalaika
Hello!
i am applying to Groningen as well.. But the application has me a bit confused..
For Studielink, what did you put as "Study programme name"? (I am obviously applying for medicine)..
Is it Health Care Management?
Sorry, I'm just a bit confused!!
Thanks
Original post by clorenzoni5
"Please note: Studielink only knows geneeskunde (=Dutch for Medicine). Please select Geneeskunde in Studielink as the degree you want to apply for. We will ask you in a later stadium which learning community you want to participate in."

Just got it from the website, hope it answers your question. Btw, which learning community are you applying for?

Yes thanks! I'm not really sure, you?
Reply 11
Original post by Luisa__

Hi I am also from Germany too and I have submitted my application today. I thought CV means Lebenslauf so I have not uploaded an motivation letter either so you are not alone:smile:
Reply 12
hi mimikri,
ok good :biggrin:
I am just about to finish my application.
Hi, I have a few questions needed to be answered: 1) For the selection day, do we just need to bring in the homework and identity etc.? 2)For the tests on the selection day i noticed there were 4 tests, what resources do we use to revise for the test. 3) Do you get a guaranteed placement at the uni if you ranked below 410 and gained a placement at an LC, or do you still have to wait for your A-Level results? Thanks for reading!
Original post by johnny786
Hi, I have a few questions needed to be answered: 1) For the selection day, do we just need to bring in the homework and identity etc.? 2)For the tests on the selection day i noticed there were 4 tests, what resources do we use to revise for the test. 3) Do you get a guaranteed placement at the uni if you ranked below 410 and gained a placement at an LC, or do you still have to wait for your A-Level results? Thanks for reading!

Hey,
Im also an applicant, but I'll try and answer your questions :smile:

1) you have to bring your portfolio with you as well (i'd call /email them just to double check)
2) I dont think they publish any revision resources, best you can do is read over the articles, highlight important concepts and try and learn them as best as you can
3) They will only take you if your A-level results surpass their minimum requirement i guess. So if you fail the A2 I dont think they would offer you the place.

Are you applying from England as well? Which learning community are you thinking about entering?
Hey,

1) you have to bring your portfolio with you as well (i'd call /email them just to double check)
2) I dont think they publish any revision resources, best you can do is read over the articles, highlight important concepts and try and learn them as best as you can
3) They will only take you if your A-level results surpass their minimum requirement i guess. So if you fail the A2 I dont think they would offer you the place.

Are you applying from England as well? Which learning community are you thinking about entering?

Hi, thanks for the information. I am applying from England and thinking of applying to Global Health, and you?
Hey,

Also, when do you think we get e-mails to tell us when to come in for the selection day?
Hi, thanks for the information. I am applying from England and thinking of applying to Global Health, and you?

Molecular medicine, but id be happy with either learning communities to be honest.
Also, when do you think we get e-mails to tell us when to come in for the selection day?

probably next week
Guys, am I the only one who thinks that this selection process is insane? Like, I thought UK had very demanding selection process (I come from a country where for admission to medicine the only thing they care about are achieved grades), but what they do in the Netherlands is just sick. Well well I guess it's going to be an interesting new experience.

Latest