The Student Room Group

Quitting a Christmas temp job!?

Has anyone quit a Christmas temp job before? Really don't want to carry on working up until Christmas, as I do not like it!
How did you go about it? And what was your experience like?
Can't find any information online about the retailers leaving policy and whether I would have to give notice or not.
Reply 1
Why dont you just not turn up, not answer their calls etc. They aint gonna drag you into work
You should check your contract re leaving
If you don’t have one then if you’re paid weekly it’ll be a week, monthly a month
Is it a fixed term with an end date?
Why can’t you stick it out. It’s not long
I was in a similar position for my summer temp job. Due to the nature of it being temp, it's designed so you can quit whenever you want. All I did was email head office saying I wanted to hand in my notice, and I never had to go back to the store again.
Reply 4
usually you have to give like two weeks notice. just hand a letter of resignation in and say that you're sorry but it's to immediate effect
Thanks guys,
The only thing I can find is that the expected end date is 30th of December but I haven't signed any contracts.
I've been paid till the end of the month, so I am going to work what I've been paid, then had a notice in.

Quick Reply