The Student Room Group

Independent status with dependent child

I am under 25, with a dependent child and living with my partner (unmarried).
I have seen on other threads that the partner's status is not taken into consideration when applying when under the age of 25 or unmarried. However SFE have said that due to his wage (roughly 24k) my child is no longer MY dependent? Is this right or not as all of the information conflicts with the decision I was given.
I should add I am the parent in receipt of the child benefit.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Emmalouise0311
I am under 25, with a dependent child and living with my partner (unmarried).
I have seen on other threads that the partner's status is not taken into consideration when applying when under the age of 25 or unmarried. However SFE have said that due to his wage (roughly 24k) my child is no longer MY dependent? Is this right or not as all of the information conflicts with the decision I was given.
I should add I am the parent in receipt of the child benefit.

Hi Emma,

We don't need a PFF2 Form from your partner, however the dependents sections of the application form will need to be completed.

As we will need to determine whether the child is dependent on the you or your partner, you will also be asked to provide us with photocopies of your child's birth certificate and either your most recent Tax Credit award notification letter or Child Benefit award letter.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest