Turn on thread page Beta

depression/anxiety watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i can feel it comming on when i start university in 3 weeks lol. i guess theres not much to look forward to since im gonna be living at home and have to get a bus evry morning so will take 45 mins to get there, anyway thats my own fault :rolleyes: but what i most fear is lessons ie having panic attacks and fainting etc.
    is there only me like this? i think there is :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just relax. There is tons to look forward to. New friends, new teachers, new classmates...

ReputationRep:
    an ipod would certainly make the bus trip more enjoyable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i can feel it comming on when i start university in 3 weeks lol. i guess theres not much to look forward to since im gonna be living at home and have to get a bus evry morning so will take 45 mins to get there, anyway thats my own fault :rolleyes: but what i most fear is lessons ie having panic attacks and fainting etc.
    just think of starting over new again.. like a completely clean slate..and plus the added fact that i think most people will be more open to everyone else now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    an ipod would certainly make the bus trip more enjoyable
    im fine with my music just the thought of fainting in class again makes me anxious :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    im fine with my music just the thought of fainting in class again makes me anxious :eek:
    sounds really simple me saying it.. but if you think about fainting.. then it will probably be more likely to psychologically make sense... just try to think of it never happenning again.. and it might just NEVER happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    Sounds more like anxiety than depression to me. Maybe see a doctor or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    sounds really simple me saying it.. but if you think about fainting.. then it will probably be more likely to psychologically make sense... just try to think of it never happenning again.. and it might just NEVER happen
    that actually could be true coz i do psychologically cause it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    that actually could be true coz i do psychologically cause it :confused:
    all im trying to say.. is just not to think that it may happen.. if it occurs some point in the future, then there will be nothing you can do about it when that time comes, till then just enjoy freshers weeks and the new uni experience

ReputationRep:
    all im trying to say.. is just not to think that it may happen.. if it occurs some point in the future, then there will be nothing you can do about it when that time comes, till then just enjoy freshers weeks and the new uni experience
    thanks i make too big of a problem out of it than it really is by sitting in lessons thinking 'don't faint' lol as uve suggested, the only solution really is dont think about it i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    thanks i make too big of a problem out of it than it really is by sitting in lessons thinking 'don't faint' lol as uve suggested, the only solution really is dont think about it i suppose
    but i think that really everyone else is slightly wary of it themselves anyway.. only a couple of days ago i was feeling a bit anxious, you know about meeting new people, making sure i dont mess up and a few other things.. but its just one of those things that everyone goes through... but maybe to a slightly lesser extent..

ReputationRep:
    but i think that really everyone else is slightly wary of it themselves anyway.. only a couple of days ago i was feeling a bit anxious, you know about meeting new people, making sure i dont mess up and a few other things.. but its just one of those things that everyone goes through... but maybe to a slightly lesser extent..
    yeah i know ppl will be worrying about themselves anyway but i had a weird phase for the last 10 weeks of college were my attendance was really bad coz i was too scared of fainting. i hope it'l pass before starting though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    yeah i know ppl will be worrying about themselves anyway but i had a weird phase for the last 10 weeks of college were my attendance was really bad coz i was too scared of fainting. i hope it'l pass before starting though :cool:
    worrying about fainting is the last thing on my mind at all times :confused:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.