The Student Room Group

Am I left or right wing and who should I vote for

I understand politics and most of the language used in it but I never know who to support, the core of my belief is libertarianism meaning that I believe in individual freedoms and that government is mearly a necessary evil. I believe in low taxes, limited government, economic freedom, a strong well trained and funded military. I am also pro life and only believe in gay marriage if the church is willing, I think that immigration is a good thing if done properly, meaning that we only take on skilled people in areas that we need more workers in and that open door EU migration is a fundamentally flawed idea. Thank you for listening to me ramble and any advice or help is appreciate
Original post by jackp2412
I understand politics and most of the language used in it but I never know who to support, the core of my belief is libertarianism meaning that I believe in individual freedoms and that government is mearly a necessary evil. I believe in low taxes, limited government, economic freedom, a strong well trained and funded military. I am also pro life and only believe in gay marriage if the church is willing, I think that immigration is a good thing if done properly, meaning that we only take on skilled people in areas that we need more workers in and that open door EU migration is a fundamentally flawed idea. Thank you for listening to me ramble and any advice or help is appreciate

I think you're a left winger and you should vote for Cristiano Ronaldo to win the Balon d'or.
Not good with my wings, but I feel pretty certain in saying that you're on the right, maybe centre right. You're certainly hard right when it comes to economics.

As for who to vote for? Whoever you agree with. Look into policies when elections roll around and how the government in power at the time has achieved what they have promised (as well as their other actions).
(edited 6 years ago)
vote for the party which is the least likely to destroy our country.
Original post by jackp2412

Economically you'd be right-wing, but it's more complex than that. Look at each party's policies - they may not always be the same as what people typically lump together as "left" or "right" policies. The best vote is an informed vote.
Reply 5
Try reading through a few party manifestos and see which you relate to the most. As others have said, they aren't always as straightforward as right or left.
Sorry but this left wing right wing things to determine what you should vote for is laughable, just pick a party you agree with, whether they’re left or right wing in theory should reflect it too on yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending