What do you wear to an informal interview? Watch

PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have an interview in a couple of weeks for a placement and the email says the interview will be 'reasonably informal'. What does that mean? What sort of thing do I wear? There's a chance I may be outdoors in the middle of December as part of this interview so I need something that can cater to several hours of travel, being interview appropriate AND outdoors appropriate (a smart coat would obviously suit all of the above but what about footwear?!)

I'm female btw
Bhaaavaana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where’s this for?
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Bhaaavaana)
Where’s this for?
It's for a wildlife conservation trust, the role would be practical park management. I don't really want to arrive looking like a high maintenance princess when they're looking for people who can work outdoors in all weather and I'd regularly be dirty and muddy and sweaty, but I also don't want to underdress and be too casual or informal.
Bhaaavaana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps wear a formal trousers with a nice blouse and some boots?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PollyParrot23)
Clean and smart but outdoor footwear or wellies in a bag would be fine.You can pretty much guarantee your interviewer will be in a plaid shirt or polo shirt and a sweatshirt/wooly jumper. You need to be slightly smarter than that but you don't need to be in a suit or even office clothing. Something like chinos, a cotton collared shirt, jumper and a body warmer with clean outdoor leather/canvas shoes or clean walking boots would be fine. Too casual wudl be jeans with holes and muddy coat and shoes.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just think "what would Kate wear ?"

http://livemore.yha.org.uk/wp-conten...LE_045-web.jpg
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.37%
No, but I have thought about it (55)
27.92%
No (94)
47.72%

Watched Threads