Crashed back of car - dashboard damaged? Watch

choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Long story short, i had a small accident today and managed to scrape the back of the other persons car i took a photo of the damage and shes just phoned saying her dashboard is ruined. Is tht even possible? Considering i bumped into the back of the car. She wants to go through insurance although iv suggested doing it privately
RedGiant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Without knowing the full context and set of circumstances of the collision, I do not think that would even be possible. One possible theory from the evidence you described is that they are trying to land a greater insurance settlement, based on the fact that you somehow damaged the front and the back. I'm not an insurance expert but I'm pretty sure they would need a form of evidence to justify it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
choco_monsterxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedGiant)
Without knowing the full context and set of circumstances of the collision, I do not think that would even be possible. One possible theory from the evidence you described is that they are trying to land a greater insurance settlement, based on the fact that you somehow damaged the front and the back. I'm not an insurance expert but I'm pretty sure they would need a form of evidence to justify it.
I deffo hit the back n thats it. I took a photo of the damage done as soon as it happened. Do u think i should notify insurance and send them a picture proof?
RedGiant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by choco_monsterxo)
I deffo hit the back n thats it. I took a photo of the damage done as soon as it happened. Do u think i should notify insurance and send them a picture proof?
Well you could reply saying "Do you want to settle the damage for the back, as that's all I caused as far as I'm concerned", and if she refuses then just do nothing. Wait until SHE gets the insurance company involved, and then respond to them. But I wouldn't get them involved BEFORE her, because she is the one that would need to provide evidence. It's possible she could be trying to scam you but don't take my word for it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
choco_monsterxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedGiant)
Well you could reply saying "Do you want to settle the damage for the back, as that's all I caused as far as I'm concerned", and if she refuses then just do nothing. Wait until SHE gets the insurance company involved, and then respond to them. But I wouldn't get them involved BEFORE her, because she is the one that would need to provide evidence. It's possible she could be trying to scam you but don't take my word for it.
right, ok cheers.& if she gets insurance in volved im assuming i’ll just show the photo proof?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
also you are supposed to report the accident to the police within 24 hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads