Got an A* in EPQ! Feel free to ask any questions and for advice! Watch

piehaus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've had quite a few requests for tips around receiving a high grade for EPQ and I'm here to help anyone who's aiming for a high EPQ grade, and how to get there!

Disclaimer: I did an essay based EPQ so I unfortunately don't have many tips on an EPQ based around creating something other than an essay! Sorry if this is an inconvenience!
jamesgillian123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are the factors that you are assesed on?
piehaus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by jamesgillian123)
What are the factors that you are assesed on?
Whilst your product is seen as the main focus of your EPQ, a lot of your assessment is based on the ways you can question and evaluate HOW you have completed your EPQ. Create a Production Record/Log - this is worth MORE than your essay believe it or not! Every time you make changes to your EPQ or work on it, write it down! Write down what you're doing and the significance of doing it, even if it seems silly. For example, within my weekly logs I tracked all the changes I made, the research I was doing, every time I worked on my EPQ, etc!

The examiner wants to see HOW you're developing your EPQ, so make lots of essay plans, lots of weekly logs, and lots of general EPQ plans with dates. Whilst your essay may be the most amazing essay ever, if you haven't successfully shown HOW your product has evolved from the very broad idea you had at the start, the marks will be hard to come by.

Remember, it's a project and the examiners want to see you engaging with this format! Be critical about your work, say what didn't go so well and what did go well, constantly be critical of how you're engaging with the project - this is what you're assessed on!
jamesgillian123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by piehaus)
Whilst your product is seen as the main focus of your EPQ, a lot of your assessment is based on the ways you can question and evaluate HOW you have completed your EPQ. Create a Production Record/Log - this is worth MORE than your essay believe it or not! Every time you make changes to your EPQ or work on it, write it down! Write down what you're doing and the significance of doing it, even if it seems silly. For example, within my weekly logs I tracked all the changes I made, the research I was doing, every time I worked on my EPQ, etc!

The examiner wants to see HOW you're developing your EPQ, so make lots of essay plans, lots of weekly logs, and lots of general EPQ plans with dates. Whilst your essay may be the most amazing essay ever, if you haven't successfully shown HOW your product has evolved from the very broad idea you had at the start, the marks will be hard to come by.

Remember, it's a project and the examiners want to see you engaging with this format! Be critical about your work, say what didn't go so well and what did go well, constantly be critical of how you're engaging with the project - this is what you're assessed on!
how long did it take you and what did you do your essay on?
phantomkaboodle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, do you have any advice on keeping track of everything? I seem to be just a bit of a flailing mess haha
Also what is your absolute number 1 tip for succeeding in EPQ? Like what helped you the most?
rhys999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What % of the EPQ Is the essay write up
andrewc2000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is this a good epq title - to what extent are fossil fulled cars becoming obselete and to what extent are electric cars the future
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.84%
No (155)
74.16%

Watched Threads