Dan189
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm 17 and over the last few years I've notice my hair getting quite thin. I have also now started to recede a little at the corners of my forehead it's not that noticeable but it has made me start to worry about how long I have until I go bald. I don't really know what to do about as I've started to become a little self-conscious about it. Does anyone know if there is any reason other than just genetics as to why my hair is so thin or anyting I can do to prevent my hair loss? Any help would be really appreciated.
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I feel like doing this. Shaving my hair off.
princess kimber
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dan189)
I'm 17 and over the last few years I've notice my hair getting quite thin. I have also now started to recede a little at the corners of my forehead it's not that noticeable but it has made me start to worry about how long I have until I go bald. I don't really know what to do about as I've started to become a little self-conscious about it. Does anyone know if there is any reason other than just genetics as to why my hair is so thin or anyting I can do to prevent my hair loss? Any help would be really appreciated.
Interesting fact: I read somewhere that people who are bald or going bald are actually those in the advance stages of evolution. Think about it, evolution shows we lose body parts/things on our body we don't need any more, for example hair. There's no need for hair now that people can wear hats. In the distant future most people will be most likely to be bald, other than having eyebrows (As these have a purpose)

If this was me, however. I'd be paying a visit to the doctors to see what he or she could do for me.

If all else fails I'd be googling soloutions for this and seeing if there was anything out there to improve my condition.

Then, there is always wigs. A lot of men/women wear these. They are becoming more fashionable now with a lot of celebs wearing them.

You could try changing your diet, to eating more foods that help the growth of hair. Which, if I remember correctly would be foods high in protein.
ashksx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Coconut oil and garlic on the hair. it helps so much with your hair. I tried it for a month and seen a lot of changes my hair grows quicker and it is really smooth and silky.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Could be a variety of reasons. I would suggest seeing your GP to make sure there's nothing medical going on. Try to have a think abut if you have any other symptoms too.
If they give you the all clear I would go get an appointment with a decent hairdresser and see if they can give you any advice on things that could reduce the hair loss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (8)
13.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (11)
18.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (27)
46.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (9)
15.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads