The Student Room Group

mechanism of a disease?

????
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
How does the disease work on a biological level? What happens when the body's immune system attacks the myelin sheath around the nerve cell. What cells are in this mechanism, what proteins, lipids, or carbohydrates are involved, how are those molecular units interacting with each other to make the disease manifest?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 22sgw
How does the disease work on a biological level? What happens when the body's immune system attacks the myelin sheath around the nerve cell. What cells are in this mechanism, what proteins, lipids, or carbohydrates are involved, how are those molecular units interacting with each other to make the disease manifest?

ohh thankyou! i guess i have to find them in journal articles
Reply 3
ahhh wouh what can you tell me about the mechanisms involved
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
It's for med school
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
so would these all be the mechanism of the disease?
Reply 6
BTW thank you so much for the rest of the info, they're incredibly helpful! :h:
Reply 7
Ohh i guess you're right! thankyou very much for your help anyway. I'm in my first year and we have to write up a report on this disease :redface:
Reply 8
One last thingggg! how does the disease present itself clinically? does it mean the symptoms presented?
Reply 9
Hey, i wanted to know if this makes sense, ''In MRI of spinal cord, T2 weighted imaging is used to observe the distinctive lesions which usually extends over three vertebral segments'' ?

also i read 'there was an associated high signal intensity on the t2 weighted sequence'. what does this mean really?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending