The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2018 Watch

WillIeverGetPup?
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sets where u were interviewed last year and for which the form is exactly the same this year, do people intend to change it significantly ? (Apart from new Work experience etc) thanks
Lonsheff
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First year applying to criminal and family sets in and around leeds.

Has anyone applied to Zenith Chambers and did not receive a confirmation email? I didn’t so getting worried.
Tom_Elliott
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lidia89)
Sets where u were interviewed last year and for which the form is exactly the same this year, do people intend to change it significantly ? (Apart from new Work experience etc) thanks
I'm not planning to, the idea being that if they interviewed me last year, they should again this year. How about you?
WillIeverGetPup?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tom_Elliott)
I'm not planning to, the idea being that if they interviewed me last year, they should again this year. How about you?
I am really unsure. On one hand, they offered me an interview before so why fix what ain’t broken 😬 on the other hand do I have to change it so that they will want to interview me again?
Tom_Elliott
Rep:
?
I am really unsure. On one hand, they offered me an interview before so why fix what ain’t broken 😬 on the other hand do I have to change it so that they will want to interview me again?
I suppose it is a tough call. Also, much depends on other people who apply this year, it may be an easier or a tougher year at your sets. You won't know until you hear, I guess.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
WillIeverGetPup?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tom_Elliott)
I suppose it is a tough call. Also, much depends on other people who apply this year, it may be an easier or a tougher year at your sets. You won't know until you hear, I guess.
Yeah that’s true 🤦🏻 Thx
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
With that last question you overestimate the extent to which Chambers will be aware of who they interviewed last year. Some Chambers do keep a record of who they have interviewed, and that record may in some way impact on the decision to interview you this year (either positively or negatively). For most it will make no difference. Indeed, most Chambers have a panel of barristers sifting applications that will change from year to year. So generally speaking it is unlikely that your application will even be read/assessed by the same barrister(s) as last time.

Obviously you should update your application as appropriate, and if you think you can improve upon it in some other way then do so. But whilst nothing is guaranteed, generally speaking if your application was good enough to secure an interview last year, it stands a good chance of being good enough this time around as well.
WillIeverGetPup?
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Crazy Jamie)
With that last question you overestimate the extent to which Chambers will be aware of who they interviewed last year. Some Chambers do keep a record of who they have interviewed, and that record may in some way impact on the decision to interview you this year (either positively or negatively). For most it will make no difference. Indeed, most Chambers have a panel of barristers sifting applications that will change from year to year. So generally speaking it is unlikely that your application will even be read/assessed by the same barrister(s) as last time.

Obviously you should update your application as appropriate, and if you think you can improve upon it in some other way then do so. But whilst nothing is guaranteed, generally speaking if your application was good enough to secure an interview last year, it stands a good chance of being good enough this time around as well.
Thanks that’s helpful
peartreej
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone heard from 4NS?
Pupil611
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
4NS have started sending out first round interviews
viajuridica
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone heard anything from Atkin?
Igorthepuppy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can someone post please when they hear from 10 KBW for second round. Thanks!
lawstudent098
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone heard from Deans Court in Manchester yet?
username2473335
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by viajuridica)
Anyone heard anything from Atkin?
Nothing here either way. Although since their website says first interviews 'late January/early February' I don't suppose they are in any rush at the moment.
mjc1241
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lawstudent098)
Has anyone heard from Deans Court in Manchester yet?
They didn't release until March last year despite saying they will be in touch in the New Year so I'd be prepared to wait!
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I found out from social media that the pupillage gateway is open, and applications close in a month. Which means I really need to get that thread sorted regarding tips for pupillage applications. It's not going to be of an use to any of you if I put it up after applications have closed. I'll get something up in the next couple of days.
Tom_Elliott
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crazy Jamie)
So I found out from social media that the pupillage gateway is open, and applications close in a month. Which means I really need to get that thread sorted regarding tips for pupillage applications. It's not going to be of an use to any of you if I put it up after applications have closed. I'll get something up in the next couple of days.
Thank you, that's really very kind of you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Langana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Igorthepuppy)
Can someone post please when they hear from 10 KBW for second round. Thanks!
I'm twiddling my thumbs and jumping at loud noises with that as well. Even if the interview was a car crash.

Did you get the impression they're interviewing basically the entire country? 3 panels of 3 in 15 minute blocks going all day is a lot for 1 pupillage!
Igorthepuppy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Langana)
I'm twiddling my thumbs and jumping at loud noises with that as well. Even if the interview was a car crash.

Did you get the impression they're interviewing basically the entire country? 3 panels of 3 in 15 minute blocks going all day is a lot for 1 pupillage!
Thank you for letting me know it’s not just me that’s biting my nails! I didn’t realise they had x3 panels: that is a lot for one slot!
Langana
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Igorthepuppy)
Thank you for letting me know it’s not just me that’s biting my nails! I didn’t realise they had x3 panels: that is a lot for one slot!
We should be out of our misery this week I hope mate. At least that's what I recall from the end of the interview. I will wait until after the post on Monday and then give them a ring I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed