The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redbookgeek
Yesterday I had that, 20min time to prep for a legal problem they gave me there. They provided a red book, and I was told I can use other sources that I have on me if I wish (although in that time looking at anything was difficult!)

Don't laugh: what's the red book?
Original post by pjs736_student
Don't laugh: what's the red book?

The Family Court Practice :smile:
Just had my 1KBW rejection email through :frown:
1KBW rejections out!
Apologies if already asked, but has anyone heard from KBW or New Park Court?
Reply 1185
Anyone had a first round interview with No 5 chambers before? Trying to find out the sort of questions I might get asked as it'll be my first ever pupillage interview :afraid:
Original post by HabeasCorpus
Apologies if already asked, but has anyone heard from KBW or New Park Court?

Nothing from either as yet.
Has anyone heard from Temple Garden at all please. Thanks!
Reply 1188
Original post by RuthJnR
Anyone had a rejection from 2KBW following 1st round interviews? Trying to work out if they are possibly doing batches or if it's time to call it a day.

I might be late in response but 2KBW second round invites sent yesterday
Original post by Igorthepuppy
Has anyone heard from Temple Garden at all please. Thanks!

If you mean Temple Garden Chambers on the Gateway, then no. Not a word so far.
I know some have had invites to the 18SJS assessment day - anyone had a rejection through?
Reply 1191
Hardwicke rejections out - sorry if I am really late and everyone knows this already!
Reply 1192
Original post by TLL47
Anyone had a first round interview with No 5 chambers before? Trying to find out the sort of questions I might get asked as it'll be my first ever pupillage interview :afraid:

I interviewed there last year. First rounds were short and asked varied questions - they also asked me to explain a complex case I had recently read, then they asked me to explain the case in a way that's so simple my 'nan' would understand it... overall it's a friendly set. Good luck!
Original post by Future Pupil
Nothing from either as yet.

Ah no worries, thought as much - the suspense is killing me! :colondollar:
Ah no worries, thought as much - the suspense is killing me! :colondollar:

Likewise! If I remember correctly KBW were quite late last year as I interviewed there.
Likewise! If I remember correctly KBW were quite late last year as I interviewed there.

As long as they leave it until after my ethics exam this coming Friday I won't complain...:redface:
As long as they leave it until after my ethics exam this coming Friday I won't complain...:redface:

Good luck with that! I’ve found the application process much less stressful having finished the course, so I don’t envy you.
Good luck with that! I’ve found the application process much less stressful having finished the course, so I don’t envy you.

Ha, thank you! I'll take all the luck I can get at this point...

Best of luck to yourself (and indeed everyone else on this thread) in this seemingly endless search for pupillage. :crossedf:
Devereux 2nd round out by gateway 😊

Still nothing from Old Square, 3HC and 4SB. Has anyone heard?
I haven’t heard either way about 1kbw - anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending