Turn on thread page Beta

exam results watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    Perhaps you should be less honest if your gonna be that harsh maybe
    Maybe so, but I just find it quite disturbing that somebody has reached the stage where they are taking their GCSEs and still doesn't know that an A* is the best and a G is the worst, and is still puzzling over her results weeks after they were released. Mind you, lynn1966's results are quite re-assuring as it proves that to some extent the education system is still capable of differentiating between those with/without basic intelligence/knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    you can get a U at gcse, which is a fail however most people consider anything below a C a fail as well, because the general guidelines of a D being "Poor" have stuck, and very few people will recognise these grades as having any value (e.g employers, 6th form colleges)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    you can get a U at gcse, which is a fail however most people consider anything below a C a fail as well, because the general guidelines of a D being "Poor" have stuck, and very few people will recognise these grades as having any value (e.g employers, 6th form colleges)
    I think anything apart from A*/A and B are poor.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ah ok, I thought that was something else. Thanks for clarifying I never quite understood English qualifications (still don't but it's ok - I'm Scottish and at Uni ).
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasdagaga)
    But the vast majority of colleges/universities/employers don't, and that's what matters

ReputationRep:
    Wonder what percentage you have to get to fail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdasdagaga)
    So you think that the vast majority (taking note that the average grade in something like a D - I actualy heard E from one of my teachers) of the people who take GCSEs are performing poorly then do you?

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.