The Student Room Group

Do you ever feel too old for TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
Actually haven't been there! But Tyrella Beach is well worth a visit too (not far from Murlough).

I left a long time ago though - and now in an even posher bit... Surrey :smile:

Will definitely add it to the already long list of places I need to visit in NI :colondollar:

Is Surrey that posh? I used to live in Sussex, never really heard it described as posh though! Just...very expensive to live in...okay, point taken. :lol:
Reply 41
Original post by CastCuraga
Will definitely add it to the already long list of places I need to visit in NI :colondollar:

Is Surrey that posh? I used to live in Sussex, never really heard it described as posh though! Just...very expensive to live in...okay, point taken. :lol:

Yeah that's fair. :smile: It is the most wooded county in England though - which always surprises me.

Just don't bother to visit Derry - nothing of interest there (isn't that right @Airmed) :wink:
Yeah that's fair. :smile: It is the most wooded county in England though - which always surprises me.

Just don't bother to visit Derry - nothing of interest there (isn't that right @Airmed) :wink:

I know what you mean - borders a massive nature reserve though, doesn't it? Couldn't quite believe it was so close, given Crawley was such a concrete jungle :moon:

Points for calling it Derry, at least :wink:
Reply 43

:rofl:
Reply 44
Original post by CastCuraga
Points for calling it Derry, at least :wink:

I have an Irish Passport :smile:

Original post by Airmed

Apart from that bridge is there *anything*? :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
I am probably way too old to be on here, but I am not here asking for advice. I come here to help students applying to universities and applying to the course that I did. and graduates hoping to work in the field that I work in. Therefore I hope that my contribution here is valued.
You're great.:h: Whoever you are.:ninja:

Original post by Airmed
We're not all 15, I'm 21! :lol: And I'll continue to use TSR once I graduate. There are plenty of non students on here.
Good otherwise lots of people might cry.:cry2:
Original post by PQ
Nope

:bootyshake:
Original post by claireestelle
22 married graduate and I m still here :tongue:
DO NOT LEAVE (ever:emo:)
Original post by UWS
23 years old graduate...
Well well well, talking about this yesterday:sly:
Yes I'm 96 years old and counting...
and I've used TSR for years and years and quite franly I love it :smile:
Have you come across the counting threads?:curious:
Original post by Kevin Hodge
I’m 69 :sexface:
:facepalm:
Original post by meenu89
I do, trying to leave but just haven't been successful. I am 28, in February I will have been here for 10 years.
(happy TSR birthday:mmm:)

Spoiler

Reply 46
I have an Irish Passport :smile:

Apart from that bridge is there *anything*? :wink:

Maybe a museum or 2. I wouldn't know sure :wink:
The D word. And I don't mean death...

No, the ED words. And I don't mean Ellen DeGeneres.
Yes, I'm obviously not reality check :colone:
:rip:
The D word. And I don't mean death...
Drainpipes:yep:

:hi:

Edit: that has to be one of the creepiest emoticons on TSR..
I've seen plenty worse.:sadnod:

Spoiler

Original post by Black Rose
I'm almost 19 and since I joined when I was 14, I've always felt young and was one of the youngest when I was on the ST, although people didn't realise how young I was. It's still weird to think that a lot of people are younger than me now.

Study Help has young users but otherwise the regular members are a mix of ages, and there are more sixth form/college students than 15 year olds.
:shock: You are way younger than I thought. :yy: Such maturity. :cool:
I'm 24, I wouldn't say I feel too old but it doesn't have the same appeal as it did a few years ago. It's always been great for procrastinating though.
I'm 29 and have been on here for nearly 10 years! I don't feel too old most of the time but do have similar feelings to the OP when I read all the "16 years old and still a virgin/never been kissed" threads :tongue:
I started using TSR when I was doing my GCSEs for exam help but it's been many years since then and now I'm a graduate in my 20s.
I use TSR for general life and relationship advice because it feels familiar but when I see posts from 15 year olds with relationship problems I become quite aware that these same 15 year olds are probably the ones answering my questions.

Obviously have nothing against young teenagers on here because I so was I and if anything they have more of a right than me because I'm no longer a student.

Basically just wondering how old you all are? Can go anon of course.

Im 25 i think us 'oldies' are great to have on site and love chatting to younger and older members it's really interesting getting different people's perseptions on stuff. I remember what is was like to be studying and how much pressure was put on me all the time, I love to be able advice or support or just someone to listen.
Reply 52
I'm 30, having joined back in 2005 when I was 18.

I use the site alot differently now, rarely 'chatting' and more just answering questions relating to money, work, real life etc.. basically all the stuff most students wouldnt yet have alot of experience with.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Actually, I don't really know that Nulli is that old - I'm just guessing based on his observations about life at Oxford in prehistoric times, etc.

I think there are a fair number of regulars on TSR who are 30s/40s though. Student-days nostalgia-indulging?

I'm in my 50s and still working. I am by no means the oldest poster on here but because I have an interest in universe history I range back into the past before my time.
Not really, I'm 17 and feel like the normal age..
Original post by nulli tertius
I'm in my 50s and still working. I am by no means the oldest poster on here but because I have an interest in universe history I range back into the past before my time.

It's nice that you still take an interest. Loads of people just do their uni years and then move on and forget it all. It's probably my nostalgia I was really thinking of! I had the best times at college.
18, first started using TSR at 15 as I had started my GCSEs.
I'm 21 but will still be a student for the next 3 and a half years or so. So in that sense, no, I don't feel too old but I use the site way less than I used to.
Original post by 04MR17
:shock: You are way younger than I thought. :yy: Such maturity. :cool:

How old? :lol: :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose
How old? :lol: :tongue:
Mid twenties at least.:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending