Was he genuinely interested or just wanted a random chat? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
OK we've all been there guys and girls, we like a guy/girl (in my case a guy) but then we get ghosted and just completely ignored...

Anyway I've been chatting to this guy that I've (virtually) met on a dating app last week.

This week we've been regularly snap-chatting each other with photos of ourselves (no naked pictures, although he did send 2 semi naked ones of himself training at the gym) particularly from our work places - you know just nice clean and what I thought was honest fun.
During our chats, he says what any girl wants to hear - is looking for a girlfriend to love and a girl to love him back. This is because he claims to have been with the same girl for 10 years until she cheated on him. Even told me the month he split up with her and how he had found out.

I've asked him whether he was talking to other girls and he said which I understand but says haven't arranged to meet with a girl apart from me which I didn't believe the slightest.

He did seem and sound genuine though - we kept opening up to each other about what we are both looking for and he even asked me and set a date as for us to meet for the first time next Saturday in which he claims that he is excited about.
However the last time he made contact was Friday just when we finished work around 4:30pm and he sent a photo of himself (still on Snapchat) blowing me a kiss which I found endearing.
I replied to to him with a kiss and smile emoji at 9pm on Friday but since then he's been ignoring me.

I've also noticed that our chat communications have disappeared from the app this morning which I'm guessing he's either 'unmatched' me or just deleted the app altogether.

Was he actually interested in me then or is he not ready to go out in the dating world again after being in a long term relationship?

Guys are absolutely confusing for me these days. :sigh:
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ghosting on dating apps is very normal, in fact you better get used to it because it won't be the last. Because there is such a huge selection of guys/girls to choose from, it's very easy to move onto the next person if they feel they're better than you. Either that or he just wanted to quickly move on from his ex by talking to other girls.

Don't ponder on it for too long, that's just online dating.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Ghosting on dating apps is very normal, in fact you better get used to it because it won't be the last. Because there is such a huge selection of guys/girls to choose from, it's very easy to move onto the next person if they feel they're better than you. Either that or he just wanted to quickly move on from his ex by talking to other girls.

Don't ponder on it for too long, that's just online dating.
Thank you for the response. That is a shame though because I really thought he was one of the genuine ones. Should've seen it coming really.

But as they say onwards and upwards!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.76%
No (108)
32.24%

Watched Threads