The Student Room Group

Ghosting- guys/girls reasons plsss

Ok I feel like a lot of people havs probs been here. Why do it?? Why start talking to someone and then just stop for no reason
Girls:guys why do this
Original post by Anonymous
Ok I feel like a lot of people havs probs been here. Why do it?? Why start talking to someone and then just stop for no reason

I would like to know this too as that's the situation I'm in right now. :frown:
Reply 2
There are so many reasons why people ghost. Main reason is because they don't want to go through the trouble of telling you why they don't want to talk to you anymore.

Most of the time it's personal, they don't want to confront you about it so they just disappear instead. Perhaps they found someone more interesting or you gave away a red flag during a date or one of your messages. Or they just simply lost interest.

*****y thing to do but people do it anyway.
Reply 3
I would like to know this too as that's the situation I'm in right now. :frown:

:frown:((( I could understand if there was actually a reason, but it just happened out of no where! Sorry to hear it’s the same for you, ehat happened??
It's less hassle for them to deal with if they just disappear. I'm not justifying it, but that's probably why.
Reply 5

:frown:((( I could understand if there was actually a reason, but it just happened out of no where! Sorry to hear it’s the same for you, ehat happened??

There was a reason: she/he probably found you boring or unattractive or simply found someone better. Or has issues in personal life. That's it.
Reply 6
Why someone suddenly ghosts you

1) He/she no longer feels attracted to you
2) He/ she has met somebody else they are more interested in
3) They realised there is no chemistry there
4) They just are not that interested.

And like others have said, they don't want to go through the bother of telling you why they no longer wish to date you, so it is the easier solution to just ghost. It is a horrible thing to do to someone, especially if you have been on multiple dates with them but such is life.

Honesty is the best policy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending