Want to apply for medicine but unsure of what to do next Watch

Want_To_Achieve
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently studying Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science and AS Biology. I am wanting to apply to Medicine but have no idea what I should do. I am able to go to university this year but have less options but if I go next year I have more options. I am not sure how I can get into the medicine course in the long run. How can I apply to the course? Any advice would be appreciated.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Want_To_Achieve)
I am currently studying Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science and AS Biology. I am wanting to apply to Medicine but have no idea what I should do. I am able to go to university this year but have less options but if I go next year I have more options. I am not sure how I can get into the medicine course in the long run. Any advice would be appreciated.
You are definitely too late for 2018 entry as the applications closed in October. Have you asked admissions regarding conversion?

Have a look at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1271084. Old thread but still relevant
Want_To_Achieve
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
You are definitely too late for 2018 entry as the applications closed in October. Have you asked admissions regarding conversion?

Have a look at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1271084. Old thread but still relevant
I know about it being too late. It's just that I could go to university this year if I wanted to and get in via graduate entry. I just am unsure of what to do though.

I will check out the link thanks.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know about it being too late. It's just that I could go to university this year if I wanted to and get in via graduate entry. I just am unsure of what to do though.

I will check out the link thanks.
Oh you mean for degrees like biomedical sciences etc.! Yes definitely. However graduate entry medicine is equally competitive (if not harder to get in), and the course itself is very intensive as it is effectively doing X years' worth of learning in (X-1) years. If you like medicine though, go for it!
Want_To_Achieve
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Oh you mean for degrees like biomedical sciences etc.! Yes definitely. However graduate entry medicine is equally competitive (if not harder to get in), and the course itself is very intensive as it is effectively doing X years' worth of learning in (X-1) years. If you like medicine though, go for it!
So you spend 1 year less in university?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So you spend 1 year less in university?
Yes, but you have to spend 3+ years doing another degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads