is there anything else i can do to reduce weight?

Watch
RickHendricks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm 16 and i go to sixth form currently, and i'm overweight. I was wondering if there are any other ways to lost weight as a student?

This is what i currently do:
Morning and Dinner I eat properly, and sometimes i eat lunch (crisp packet, etc) even thought that thats once a week (walking home home with friendS).

I do 2-4 sets of this after school everyday;
20 crunches,
10 push ups,
20 second pland
20 squats
20 body lunges
and 30 star jumps
I also tend to drink green tea before or after doing this.

I eat lunch, breakfast and dinner properly on saturdays and sundays as i dont have time during the other times. I've been doing this for a while now, and I was wondering if that's enough or is there any other ways to reduce weight? I'm hoping to see results quick as possible.
SKintu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You seem to be doing a lot of exercise just try not to over do it you should be seeing results soon enough but don’t push yourself too hard at least you are doing something about it x
Femila098
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)
I'm 16 and i go to sixth form currently, and i'm overweight. I was wondering if there are any other ways to lost weight as a student?

Morning and Dinner I eat properly, and sometimes i eat lunch (crisp packet, etc) even thought that thats once a week (walking home home with friendS).

20 crunches,
10 push ups,
20 second pland
20 squats
20 body lunges
and 30 star jumps

I eat lunch, breakfast and dinner properly on saturdays and sundays as i dont have time during the other times. I've been doing this for a while now, and I was wondering if that's enough or is there any other ways to reduce weight? I'm hoping to see results quick as possible.
Also drink 7-8 glasses of water per day. Your workout is decent and add free weight training as well. That’s only if you have weights at home or you can go to the gym.
SKintu
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But also make sure that you are drinking lots of water that helps with weight loss there is this water app called my water, and if you enter your weight and age it will tell you how much water you should be drinking every day and will remind you to drink.
Femila098
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Femila098)
Also drink 7-8 glasses of water per day. Your workout is decent and add free weight training as well. That’s only if you have weights at home or you can go to the gym.
Don’t push yourself too much. It is important to take a break. This helps to repair your muscles and stuff.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Volibear)
When you say 'eat properly', what are you actually eating? What is a typical breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack day like for you?
morning tends to be cereals, etc and dinner tends to be indian (as i'm indian) however i avoid rice as much as i can
angrypoliceman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
go jogging-those exercises ur doing don't do much except make you feel all hot and uncomfortable
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Volibear)
Bt vague. What are your portion sizes like? For example, how much cereal do you eat? Also, do you snack in between meals?
not much snacks like once a week i tend to have a packet of crisps walking home to tuition but thats the closest. 1 bowl of cereal of course and 1 plate of meal
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
(Original post by angrypoliceman)
go jogging-those exercises ur doing don't do much except make you feel all hot and uncomfortable
i dont have time. I got tuition twice a week and i have to walk 1 hour everyday just to get from and to school
CrazyKittenLady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RickHendricks)

20 crunches,
10 push ups,
20 second pland
20 squats
20 body lunges
and 30 star jumps

sounds li ek you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself lovely. The exercise you say you do sounds amazing. I was bigger at 16 than i am now due to hormone imbalances of just being a girl my whole metabolism was all over the place. Why do you this your are over weight? Best thing would probs a free personal trainer induction at a gym near you. You can get your body fat percentage measured and they will be able to tell you what exercises will be best for you xxx
Huw M Thomas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Learn to live with who you are and not who you want to be. And stop looking in the mirror.
Appleorpear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by angrypoliceman)
If he's swearing and he's hot he's burning calories. He needs to burn more calories than his intake to lose fat. He doesn't want to make the disparancy between intake and usage too big or he could stunt potential growth. His main goal is doing exercises like that makes his muscles grow and then he can stay the same weight but with lower % body fat making him look better and healthier.
RickHendricks
Rep:
?
ignore this lol. Wrong thread
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (120)
14.35%
I'm not sure (36)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (252)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.51%
I'm not a current university student (407)
48.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed