what are you applying for?
Mikasadoge
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by student004)
what are you applying for?
Just straight Physics, however I'm self teaching Further Maths as a 4th A level so if I do well (A/A*) I'm going to try and transfer to Theoretical Physics or Maths and Physics. What about you?
student004
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mikasadoge)
Just straight Physics, however I'm self teaching Further Maths as a 4th A level so if I do well (A/A*) I'm going to try and transfer to Theoretical Physics or Maths and Physics. What about you?
straight Physics as well. I'm predicted an A Further Maths if I get an A* I'm also going to transfer to Physics and Maths.
What other unis are you applying to? I've applied to UCL, Imperial, Birmingham and Surrey.
Mikasadoge
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
straight Physics as well. I'm predicted an A Further Maths if I get an A* I'm also going to transfer to Physics and Maths.
What other unis are you applying to? I've applied to UCL, Imperial, Birmingham and Surrey.
Thought I was the only guy with that idea haha I'm going to apply to UCL, Birmingham, Nottingham, Bristol and KCL.
boodledoodle123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone for Theoretical Physics? And the offer-holder day + discussion this Wednesday? (29th)
student004
Rep:
?
(Original post by boodledoodle123)
Anyone for Theoretical Physics? And the offer-holder day + discussion this Wednesday? (29th)
i was asked to come this wednesday but i had warwicjk on the same day so i'm going on the 6th december
student004
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mikasadoge)
Thought I was the only guy with that idea haha I'm going to apply to UCL, Birmingham, Nottingham, Bristol and KCL.
i was going to apply to nottingham but then i thought surrey because it has lower requirements in case i fail alevels but yeah we have 2 in common
student004
Rep:
?
im worried about the discussion being an interview
boodledoodle123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
im worried about the discussion being an interview
Me too! I can barely remember what I even wrote on my personal statement.
According to the email, the 1-1 discussion isn't an interview if you meet your offer, and might be considered in exceptional cases (near misses). Eeeeek.

Well, have a good time at Warwick! I went for an offer day last Wednesday and it was great
student004
Rep:
?
Me too! I can barely remember what I even wrote on my personal statement.
According to the email, the 1-1 discussion isn't an interview if you meet your offer, and might be considered in exceptional cases (near misses). Eeeeek.

Well, have a good time at Warwick! I went for an offer day last Wednesday and it was great
thank you, and have a good time at ucl too!
but i'm still worried because im very bad at just talking on the spot and I looked at my personal statement and I dont know what ive written hahaa and I could have done better with it, if they ask me questions about it idk if I can answer. Can they take back an offer if I'm very bad?

What other unis have you applied to?
I've applied to Birmingham, Imperial , surrey, Ucl and Warwick
boodledoodle123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thank you, and have a good time at ucl too!
but i'm still worried because im very bad at just talking on the spot and I looked at my personal statement and I dont know what ive written hahaa and I could have done better with it, if they ask me questions about it idk if I can answer. Can they take back an offer if I'm very bad?

What other unis have you applied to?
I've applied to Birmingham, Imperial , surrey, Ucl and Warwick
omg I sure hope not! I'm in the exact same boat here - I can't think on the spot. Give me some paper and like a few hours and it's okay, but a 20-minute burst of Physics HAHA NOPE.

I've applied to Oxford, KCL, UCL, Warwick and Southampton.

The waiting game is ahhHHHH
Mikasadoge
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i was going to apply to nottingham but then i thought surrey because it has lower requirements in case i fail alevels but yeah we have 2 in common
Yeah, I get a contextual from Nottingham and Bristol.
student004
Rep:
?
omg I sure hope not! I'm in the exact same boat here - I can't think on the spot. Give me some paper and like a few hours and it's okay, but a 20-minute burst of Physics HAHA NOPE.

I've applied to Oxford, KCL, UCL, Warwick and Southampton.

The waiting game is ahhHHHH
have you heard from Oxford
boodledoodle123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
have you heard from Oxford
That's the one I'm waiting for! I've heard from the rest but Oxford will hopefully start giving responses out from tomorrow?
student004
Rep:
?
That's the one I'm waiting for! I've heard from the rest but Oxford will hopefully start giving responses out from tomorrow?
goood luck
killerjayko
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone heard back about Theoretical Physics yet? applied in december and still waiting
Elbeko99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Applied for Theoretical Physics BSc, still haven’t heard back. What kind offers are people getting in terms of subjects and grades?
killerjayko
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elbeko99)
Applied for Theoretical Physics BSc, still haven’t heard back. What kind offers are people getting in terms of subjects and grades?
i havent heard back either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads