The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Lower grades than required

What predicted grades would i need to receive an offer from reading?
Depends on the course really, you can check the usual offer grades on the UCAS website
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MWills99
Depends on the course really, you can check the usual offer grades on the UCAS website

predicted BBC which i am aware is pretty low, however required AAB
Which course are you planning on doing? Is it particularly popular?
Reply 4
Original post by MWills99
Which course are you planning on doing? Is it particularly popular?

Hoping for law so yeah popular/competitive
Original post by Sammm_
Hoping for law so yeah popular/competitive

You still have a chance if your personal statement stands out. At the end of the day the uni are looking for passionate people who they know will work hard.
Original post by Sammm_

Hi :smile:

Yes, I'd agree with the advice already given.

You still have 4 other choices to put down on your UCAS form, so if Reading didn't give you an offer at least you have other choices to choose from!

There's no harm in applying if Reading is somewhere you would like to study! Just to reiterate, I would make sure your personal statement stands out and that the uni can see how passionate you are about law, and Reading!

Hope this helped!
Any further questions feel free to ask!

Sophie
Final year Philosophy student :smile:
Original post by Sammm_

What field do you want to go into? I know for Humanities for sure you want to have ABB at least but if you do get BCC they will consider you although BBC would put you in a strong position as lots of people who come here have the mentioned grades. Although the average grades are ABB for all courses. You can request the admissions office to send you a list of offers made last year and their predicted and achieved grades which would give you a better idea.
just saw you want to do law. Yeah it might be tricky with your grades but if your references are strong and your ps is strong as well, then you can atleast expect an interview :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending