harvey7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have my GCSE mock exams next week.. for every subject... covering almost the whole syllabus.

Some tips and why I shouldn't stress?!?! Done so much revision yet I still feel unprepared.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You've got to remember these are just mocks! Trust me it's not the be all and end all if things don't go to plan. Trust yourself that you've done your revision and done the best you can't but please done burn yourself out. Don't revise too intensely now otherwise you'll regret it at exam season.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Done so much revision
If you've done loads of revision then you should be in a pretty good position. Have you done any practice/past papers?
harvey7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yes done them for maths but haven't had time for any other subjects
(Original post by _gcx)
If you've done loads of revision then you should be in a pretty good position. Have you done any practice/past papers?
XxEuphoriaxX
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i'm doing my exam tomorrow and i need help!
allenpc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I also have mocks in January and I calculated that I have 40 days to get everything covered. I've no idea how I'm going to do this, on top of everything else that is not revising, like controlled assessment... any tips you guys can give me please?
tayyiba.c
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mate i haven't even started yet, trust me you'll be fine. Plus even if i doesn't go to plan this is just the mock, you can learn and improve from it for the real thing. Just remember, at least your ahead of someone
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've just had all my mocks except for Business Studies & German which are within the next two days. As long as you've tried your hardest, there is no need to panic. I suggest revising hard for 1 hour and taking a half an hour break to make sure you do not overdue it.
lak11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
HEEEY!!! i just finished my mocks i did study as much as i could but i know i failed!! Trust me once you get the first one done, you will just get used to it. They arent that bad and this is coming from someone whose done pretty bad in her mocks!!! But dont worry, just try your best and if you dont get what you want try harder
jack566719
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ive already done them, are they the same for every school
Rj2018
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lol @gcsesssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss
lak11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AkshayManjunath)
I've just had all my mocks except for Business Studies & German which are within the next two days. As long as you've tried your hardest, there is no need to panic. I suggest revising hard for 1 hour and taking a half an hour break to make sure you do not overdue it.
Good Luck for Business if your OCR!! It isn't hard but you need to know your facts!!
username3513644
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did my mocks in Jan last year when I was in yr11. I think I got 5 As, 2Bs, 2Cs and a D lol and in my final exams I got 8A*s and 2As.

Mocks are much much MUCH harder than the real thing because youll be doing 2 or 3 exams all in one day - for the actual thing its more like 2 or 3 every week.

Mocks also can serve as a good kick in the arse to actually do some work. GCSEs you can afford to leave everything last minute, so even if you flunk your mocks you have all of Christmas, Easter and revision leave to get studying, however if you work properly, you will be pretty much set by Easter.

GCSEs are actually so bant because once revision leave starts, it is like holiday. If youve worked hard all year you will enjoy your time like I did, unlike my 'friends' who spent their entire revision leave crying about how they did no work lol. And when the summer starts, its the best holiday you will ever have, even if you break up with your girlfriend in the first 2 weeks, cus she came running back 3 weeks later haha. No but seriously, work hard now and summer will be a breeze.

Dont expect 10 or 11 A*s now. Your predicted grades will not be based off these results solely - they are much harder than the actual GCSEs.

Remember to try and enjoy them - if youve worked hard the exam is the last step of the winding staircase. If I could do it under severe depression and mild agraphobia, you will be just fine!

Best of luck with them and feel free to message me if you want help!
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by a.vi_)
if youve worked hard the exam is the last step of the winding staircase.
Wow, I like that a lot. Great advice, btw, you've helped out yet another stressed year 11
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lak11)
Good Luck for Business if your OCR!! It isn't hard but you need to know your facts!!
Thank you very much! I have just sat the exam today and found it fairly easy. The exam board for my Business Studies is WJEC. (:
lak11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you very much! I have just sat the exam today and found it fairly easy. The exam board for my Business Studies is WJEC. (:
LOL!!! Well done! At least you didn't do badly and write at the end of the exam "marks for effort?"!!!
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lak11)
LOL!!! Well done! At least you didn't do badly and write at the end of the exam "marks for effort?"!!!
Haha 😂
username3539714
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lak11)
I got an A, almost A* (:
lak11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got an A, almost A* (:
OMG! Well done!!! I got an A* and no kidding literally scraped it.. and it was by luck as they took the last question out. Im so happy we both did great! Hopefully we will both get A* for the real one! Good luck for your other exams as well!
?Hannah?
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
probably the best piece of advice that i could give you about dealing with exam stress is to focus on the journey, rather than the final result.

take each day as it comes and focus on revising the topics that you have planned to cover. don't worry about your final grade and just worry about getting all your revision done in as much detail as possible. as cliche as it sounds, as long as you try your best, you should be happy with the grades you achieve, whether in mock exams or the actual GCSE exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads