The Student Room Group

can i wear tracksuits to a cambridge interview?

maybe i have just become a little disassociated from reality by this point, but this is a legitimate question. i don't have time to go into town to buy something formal - i mean, i could, but i would rather spend that time studying and saving money.

i dress very androgynous. i wear tracksuits and "male" sports tops to college every single day. this is what i feel most comfortable in. with trainers for footwear. can i wear this to my interview and not look as if i am overconfident, etc?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashaxo99
maybe i have just become a little disassociated from reality by this point, but this is a legitimate question. i don't have time to go into town to buy something formal - i mean, i could, but i would rather spend that time studying and saving money.

i dress very androgynous. i wear tracksuits and "male" sports tops to college every single day. this is what i feel most comfortable in. with trainers for footwear. can i wear this to my interview and not look as if i am overconfident, etc?

Nobody forbids you from doing so but honestly you would not give a good first impression, they could think that you do not take the interview seriously. Besides, you don't have to wear a full on formal or elegant outfit if you don't have one but you could at least wear some sort of jeans or chinos + blouse or tbh whatever except for a tracksuit, just try to look more or less neat.:smile:
lool I blurted out with aqueous laughter, after reading your title
I'm probably going to wear dark jeans and a shirt. A tracksuit seems a little extreme to me :biggrin:
Maybe go for something more formal- but slightly casual I.e trousers or chinos with a smart top
Reply 5
Go for it but I can’t imagine it would make a very good first impression
If you can't be bothered to go and get smart clothes for an interview, maybe Cambridge isn't for you.

There are no rules against it but I wouldn't recommend as if would give a bad impression. If you need to save money and time just go to primary, they have loads of cheap, formal clothes so it doesn't matter if you only wear them once! x
Reply 8
If the interview is at lunchtime, don't forget to get a pizza delivered and get a big one so the you can share it with the interviewers, a veggie option is the safest.
Do it, and even film their reactions. That'll go over a treat.
The big bait. Hopefully, no one falls for this. :tongue:
Reply 11

yes

Although multiple tracksuits simultaneously may be problematic.
Reply 12
Doesn't really matter.

You can if you want providing you don't want a place at the Uni. Stop dressing like a tramp. You will go place if you were a suit.

Yes, you can. But don't, unless it's your only option; most people will be dressed at least semi-formally and you may not be judged on it but why not try to make a good impression if you can.
Just think if somebody came to an interview like that and you were the one deciding if they got in or not what would you think, do u think its a good first impression.

It's not like your turning up to a football match or something you are going to an interview at a great school so come on

I would. Just as long as you don't feel as if it would make you feel more disassociated?

I s
Just dont wear an Adidas one. They look moist
Go for nike or lactoste
EA7 if you wanna impress

Please wear the tracksuit and let us know how you get on :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest