RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by smithyboy9900)
Any tips on how I beat procrastination... so behind on my school work
Beat your distractions.

Turn off your devices, make sure it's a quiet environment; then I shouldn't see a reason why you should have to procrastinate.
Appleorpear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Beat your meat and then beat the sheets
lalliboo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Start a grow your grades blog. I've heard it can be really motivating.
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by smithyboy9900)
Any tips on how I beat procrastination... so behind on my school work
- Use the fact you're behind as your motivator.
- Study in short breaks.
- Remove anything that may tempt you to procrastinate, so put your phone somewhere else and work in silence or listen to music if it doesn't distract you. Turn the TV off.
- Reward yourself with something you really enjoy when you've done a good amount of work!
- Get your books and study materials out, whether you intend to study or not. It may cause you to just look and begin.
- Write down what you have to do, in small increments and order them in terms of importance or deadline.
- Remember that the things you like to procrastinate with, whether it's a hobby etc, they'll be there after you study. The opportunity to learn and do well doesn't always come around so take advantage of it.
- Also remember that the only person who will allow you to succeed is yourself. Only you will be able to have self discipline and make yourself work.

These things seem to work for me.
shamiran
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hannxm)
- Use the fact you're behind as your motivator.
- Study in short breaks.
- Remove anything that may tempt you to procrastinate, so put your phone somewhere else and work in silence or listen to music if it doesn't distract you. Turn the TV off.
- Reward yourself with something you really enjoy when you've done a good amount of work!
- Get your books and study materials out, whether you intend to study or not. It may cause you to just look and begin.
- Write down what you have to do, in small increments and order them in terms of importance or deadline.
- Remember that the things you like to procrastinate with, whether it's a hobby etc, they'll be there after you study. The opportunity to learn and do well doesn't always come around so take advantage of it.
- Also remember that the only person who will allow you to succeed is yourself. Only you will be able to have self discipline and make yourself work.

These things seem to work for me.
Marvelous expecting such things are like expecting a white elephant suggestions were tacit.
thanks for this
castra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads