Biology new spec ocr exam technique help

Watch this thread
Butterflyshy
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Are the old spec papers still relevant/useful? If anyone has done the exams pls tell me what the differences in the old and the new spec exam are so that I can prepare accordingly. Thanks in advance
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Butterflyshy)
Are the old spec papers still relevant/useful? If anyone has done the exams pls tell me what the differences in the old and the new spec exam are so that I can prepare accordingly. Thanks in advance
Yes. Extremely helpful. You should be able to tell by looking at a question if you’ve covered the topic or not.
Butterflyshy
Rep:
(Original post by SGHD26716)
Yes. Extremely helpful. You should be able to tell by looking at a question if you’ve covered the topic or not.
I'm in year 13.
avocado88
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Just look at the specification for the topic. I did most of the past papers and got an A* this year in the new spec, the past questions are what helped me the most!
S.G.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm in year 13.
From the old spec, almost all of F211 is relevant, only do biological molecules and biodiversity aspects of F212, not food and all that crap.

Almost all of F214 is relevant. Only do relevant stuff of F215. A lot won’t be.

Do the papers though.
Butterflyshy
Rep:
(Original post by avocado88)
Just look at the specification for the topic. I did most of the past papers and got an A* this year in the new spec, the past questions are what helped me the most!
If you don't mind me asking when did you finish learning all the content and completing full past papers? At the moment I am making notes and doing past papers by topic.
Butterflyshy
Rep:
(Original post by SGHD26716)
From the old spec, almost all of F211 is relevant, only do biological molecules and biodiversity aspects of F212, not food and all that crap.

Almost all of F214 is relevant. Only do relevant stuff of F215. A lot won’t be.

Do the papers though.
Thanks I will do them. When should I start doing full papers?
S.G.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thanks I will do them. When should I start doing full papers?
Doesn’t matter. You won’t do full papers as some stuff isn’t involved in the new spec.

Just do relevant questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads