Getting a new phone (switching SIMS) Iphone to S8

Watch
ineedtorevise127
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I want to get a new S8. This will replace my old Iphone. I want to know if I want to keep the same number would I just need to take the SIM out my Iphone and put in my S8 and everything will run automatically. Also would the Iphone SIM fit into S8? Also why is there two sim options for S8 one nano sim and other dual sim. Do I need both or is nano sim from my old Iphone enough for it to run the phone?

Also, if I buy a new nano SIM and put it in my old Iphone will it work (having a new number for that). And (want to keep my old number for my S8)
cheesecakelove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you have a nano sim from your old iPhone, you can just simply put it into your new phone (providing it is the same network or unlocked) and just carry on using your old number.
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ineedtorevise127)
Hi guys,

I want to get a new S8. This will replace my old Iphone. I want to know if I want to keep the same number would I just need to take the SIM out my Iphone and put in my S8 and everything will run automatically. Also would the Iphone SIM fit into S8? Also why is there two sim options for S8 one nano sim and other dual sim. Do I need both or is nano sim from my old Iphone enough for it to run the phone?

Also, if I buy a new nano SIM and put it in my old Iphone will it work (having a new number for that). And (want to keep my old number for my S8)
Like a lot of phones, the S8 comes in slightly different versions made for different global regions. If you buy UK stock, you will get one with a Nano sim card slot. Dual sim variants are typically popular in Asia and India. If you buy a dual sim version from some dodgy website to save on VAT or something, you only need to have one sim card in, you can just use two if you want to.

If your S8 uses a nano sim and your iPhone uses a nano sim, your nano sim sim card will fit in the nano sim card tray.

Your current phone number is tied to the sim card and you will receive calls/texts to whichever phone that sim card is in.

If you want to put a new nano sim card into your iPhone, it will work as long as the phone is either unlocked or locked to the same network as the sim card provider. If your phone is carrier locked, you will need to pay for an unlock code either from your network provider or some dodgy bloke on eBay/your local market.

I think that covers that barrage of questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads