First Year Law @ UoN AMA

Watch
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Workload, applications, societies, social side, accommodation, feel free to ask things beyond law and Uni of Nottingham also.
ajayma
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What is the workload like and what topics have you done so far. I’m thinking of doing law but I’m not sure if I would like the course. Is there a lot of presentations groupwork and how many hours of lectures and stuff do you do each week
Chichaldo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ajayma)
What is the workload like and what topics have you done so far. I’m thinking of doing law but I’m not sure if I would like the course. Is there a lot of presentations groupwork and how many hours of lectures and stuff do you do each week
3hrs of public law lectures, a one hour tutorial a fortnight
Sane for foundations of tort and contract
' understanding law ', lectures, 4hrs a week but that is over now and only for the first semester, 2hr seminar each week also

For tutorials, as there are only 8, of you, you have to know your stuff so that's 6hrs prep+ per tutorial, can get away with less for seminars
Too much reading that it is impossible to do it all really, have to skim and read the bits that apply to tutorial questions more thoroughly
We have had an optional contract and public essay so far and a compulsory tort essay, we have group contract essays each contract tutorial too, you have to present in seminars but it is no more than 5, 10mins.
It is manageable though, so many resources online from the uni that you don't have to worry about going to the library really, textbooks cost a lot though haha
Want basic info on the topics or are you familiar with them?
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (30)
36.59%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
28.05%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (10)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (6)
7.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed