The Student Room Group

Does he sound interested or should I forget it?

I am a gay guy, and I have seen this guy on nights out (more than once).

We kissed each time. I was interested in talking sober and getting to know him more etc, so I found his facebook and added him. We started talking but he went cold, and was taking ages to respond, not being massively chatty etc. So I forgot about it.

Next thing I know, this weekend I get facebook messages from his friends being like come out, this guy is asking for you. And a friend tells me he was asking about me etc etc etc. They say to me he is very shy, which is why he wasn't so responsive, but IS interested in me. However, this was under the influence of alcohol. They also told me to message him the next day which I did and not to my surprise, he hasnt read it.

I'm conflicted as to whether I believe he is genuinely interested but just very shy or was this a load of b/s

Opinions please
Have you tried to organise a date during the daytime (i.e. not on a night out)?
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
Have you tried to organise a date during the daytime (i.e. not on a night out)?

Well the lack of responses over FB make it hard to arrange!
True! I don't know if he isn't genuinely interested in you, only playing games? On the other hand, he could be shy or not good at talking to people he likes, which is why he appears more confident after drinking. What kind of feeling do you get from him when you do talk to each other?
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
True! I don't know if he isn't genuinely interested in you, only playing games? On the other hand, he could be shy or not good at talking to people he likes, which is why he appears more confident after drinking. What kind of feeling do you get from him when you do talk to each other?

Well the last time I saw him, he looked genuinely excited to see me.
Also, the people that told me he is interested, I don't think they are the sort of people who would just make it up for fun/bants.

He is shy so not good at responding. But its an issue because that will mean nothing will progress if I don't get a message from him.

On the other hand, it might be he is not fussed about me and just is playing game with me too.
Reply 5
I am 50/50 of whether I think he is playing a game or not.
Why don't you just call him directly? It means he can't not reply if you ask him if he wants to hang out, as opposed to an online message. Taking the first step will relieve him of the pressure if he is shy too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending