Do people/the opposite sex rub or scratch their noses around you?

Watch
Joe747
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I looked it up and rubbing nose in body language occurs when you have a negative thought or you perceive something negative has happened. People always rub their noses as I approach them or talk to them.

Am I ugly or something?

This is really bothering me :/

It's become a noticeable pattern

Does anyone else experience this? Thank you!
Jonjonbo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're going to read someone, you need to go off of more than just one action. They could just be scratching their nose.

Things to look for:
Where they are facing (if they are looking at you but their body is facing away from you, they possibly want to get away from the conversation)
Legs/arms crossed ("closing off" themselves means they are becoming defensive)
Eye contact
Playing with hair, touching you occasionally (possible physical attraction, but could just mean closeness as friends)
Response to jokes (awkward laugh = awkward, laughing too hard = attraction/closeness)
Asking you questions (when someone asks you questions they want to continue the conversation)
Joe747
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Jonjonbo)
If you're going to read someone, you need to go off of more than just one action. They could just be scratching their nose.

Things to look for:
Where they are facing (if they are looking at you but their body is facing away from you, they possibly want to get away from the conversation)
Legs/arms crossed ("closing off" themselves means they are becoming defensive)
Eye contact
Playing with hair, touching you occasionally (possible physical attraction, but could just mean closeness as friends)
Response to jokes (awkward laugh = awkward, laughing too hard = attraction/closeness)
Asking you questions (when someone asks you questions they want to continue the conversation)
True I know that. Can you do me a favor and look to see if people are slightly rubbing their nose when they interact and/or look at you? And report back tomorrow. Thank you
Tonyahayes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is also happening to me I've found that it started between the men and I read that baseball term is to swap bases, teams or teammates.. to swap maybe women for man are wife for wife idk but this is impossible isn't it if one was not to no it was happening.. right ..there is no way a person could have sex let's say and thought it was the hubby and maybe it is not it's another he swapped with a person would no right? It's impossible right?
itsukiminami
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
honestly it depends on a bunch of things on of the things I noticed is that the the color red, green and black will make some females rub theirs nose in disapproval yeah some people will say that its jus the color of your clothes but to most females it actually letting them know somewhat of what you are packing down their call me crazy if you want this is somewhat true take it or leave it
Tonyahayes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by itsukiminami)
honestly it depends on a bunch of things on of the things I noticed is that the the color red, green and black will make some females rub theirs nose in disapproval yeah some people will say that its jus the color of your clothes but to most females it actually letting them know somewhat of what you are packing down their call me crazy if you want this is somewhat true take it or leave it
Hey to who ever started this thread please contact me for this is happening to me as well and has been for 5 years now. This is what I no about it one to swipe once under the nose is a baseball term for swapping teams or teammates and bases. Two are u doing drugs cause it also means give me a line of powder cocaine, meth, or heroin. Something they can snort up the nose.three they are ****ing with u cause they no u think it means something. Four I no what u are going through for everyone does it to me too my mom even did it while saying cracking cause I think she means I'm cracking up. But if I am then everyone is helping to drive me crazy cause they all do it to me even my husband and my kids are doing it so I think once they no you think it means something and they no it bothers you they can't help but to do it to you cause their mind is telling them not to do it and that makes them do it more and more or either it's a game they are playing with u. I'm no expert but I'd love to talk with u cause it's happening to me to. It's a lonly place to feel like you are singled out for some reason. Maybe we can help each other contact me ok I'm looking forward to hearing from [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.72%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.69%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.11%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.48%

Watched Threads