My Journey to success 2017-18! Notice the 'irony' in my username.

Watch this thread
TerribleGrades
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
AS-Level Maths (dropped)
A-level Psychology
A-level English
A-level Applied Science

Academia:
Spoiler:
Show

I decided to create this thread, because Year 12 and AS was a really daunting experience despite working hard throughout the year and getting high grades in mocks. I was only examined at 3 at the time as my college decided to examine media and math mocks in January as they didnt want to put too much stress on me. I was going to drop Alevel maths anyways and media was just irrelvant to what I want to do. Anyhow my long-term aspiration is to become a Biomedical Scientist.

A little bit about me!

Spoiler:
Show

What I like:
-Netflix
-Movies
-Tv series
-Dramas - korean, japan, norwegian etc. -
Different cultures
-Food
-Animals
-Psychology
-Biology
-Chemistry
-English
-Books
-Reading
-Languages
-Technology
-Subtitles (they are a great invention)
-Travelling (I want to go to some European countries some day!)

What I don’t like:
-Bullying
-Hate
-Constructive criticism (I’ll take it with a pinch of salt)
-Labels
-Violence
-Liver
-Clams or oysters
-Sports
-Maths (who does?)
-Physics
-Snakes

Currently, I have 3 offers from universities to do Biomedical and 2 rejections (Oh well!). I'm still happy with what I have got

Goals:
>My goal is to get the highest grades I can. I feel this way I will of tried my best and I won't be constantly comparing my grades/targets with other people .
>To ACTUALLY update my thread, because my AS one sucked lol.

Remember guys, 2018 is not far but its a fresh start! Bring it on!

Oxbridge_
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
i love maths
TerribleGrades
Rep:
(Original post by Oxbridge_)
i love maths
It was a nightmare
Oxbridge_
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TerribleGrades)
It was a nightmare
I really wish you the best of luck in your alevels! I've completed my alevels this year and i felt working a bit everyday, having like a Sunday off, and working harcore around Late Feb/March onwards really worked well for me!
TerribleGrades
Rep:
(Original post by Oxbridge_)
I really wish you the best of luck in your alevels! I've completed my alevels this year and i felt working a bit everyday, having like a Sunday off, and working harcore around Late Feb/March onwards really worked well for me!
Thank you, just been a busy 2 weeks with interviews and UCAS stuff! Time to get around to revision. I will post a specification checklist on here as a skeleton of revision for my subjects.
TerribleGrades
Rep:
Name:  Psych spec paper 1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  560.0 KB
TerribleGrades
Rep:
Name:  The digestive system.png
Views: 156
Size:  414.2 KB
My very, extrrrremely useful mind map for the Digestive System! This will save me a lot of time
Lilsthebest
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Name:  The digestive system.png
Views: 156
Size:  414.2 KB
My very, extrrrremely useful mind map for the Digestive System! This will save me a lot of time
It certainly will !
TerribleGrades
Rep:
(Original post by Lilsthebest)
It certainly will !
It took me about 30 minutes to make, making sure I had everything that was mentioned in the specification! Aye, it looks much more pretty printed out lmao.

What subjects do you do? Do you also do a science subject?
Lilsthebest
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
It took me about 30 minutes to make, making sure I had everything that was mentioned in the specification! Aye, it looks much more pretty printed out lmao.

What subjects do you do? Do you also do a science subject?
I am in Year 8 so I haven't even picked my GCSE'S yet let alone A level subjects .
TerribleGrades
Rep:
(Original post by Lilsthebest)
I am in Year 8 so I haven't even picked my GCSE'S yet let alone A level subjects .
LMAO, since you're spending your time on here, might as well research the GCSE options you wish to do. Weigh your career aspiration carefully whether you wish to do an apprenticeship or go to univetsity-its your choice. Dont worry if you don't know what to do for now (I never did until year 12), have fun!

Remember though, certain careers require certain grades/subjects. Though there are ways around it!
Lilsthebest
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
LMAO, since you're spending your time on here, might as well research the GCSE options you wish to do. Weigh your career aspiration carefully whether you wish to do an apprenticeship or go to univetsity-its your choice. Dont worry if you don't know what to do for now (I never did until year 12), have fun!

Remember though, certain careers require certain grades/subjects. Though there are ways around it!
Thanks x
I want to choose History, RE,French and P.E (compulsory at my school)
Anna1029
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hiya! Good luck with your GYG :grin:
TerribleGrades
Rep:
(Original post by Anna1029)
Hiya! Good luck with your GYG :grin:
Thanks!!!!! 😋🤗
TerribleGrades
Rep:
Updates as of 20/01/18:

- I completed my Human Body exam on 18th of January, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!!! The revision paid off. I think I got at least +/- 47 marks out of 60.
- I will now start Microbiology.
-That's my exams done until March (mocks) and June.
-Unit 2 coursework completed

To-do list:
-Check over my unit 2 coursework - [29th Jan 2018.]
-Work on my English coursework [May deadline]
-Re-read books for English
-Do more research on my EPQ

Coursework wise:
-A-level English: comparing non-fiction with fiction (stylistics approach)
-Fermentation (for science)

Other:
EPQ; this is at very bottom of my list as it's not included in my University offer. But, I will most likely push myself to do it as it is extra UCAS points. (Feb-entry deadline; may-submission deadline)
TerribleGrades
Rep:
Hello guys! It's a month later and I've realised I'm terrible at updating this thread.

Updates as of 22/02/18:
-I will start Microbiology on the 26th. (post-poned) My last coursework unit!!
-Unit 2 coursework completed (need to email an electronic copy to teachers)
-EPQ completed (just need to do my Production Log)
-I have mocks soon!

To-do list:
-Do half-term homework

Pending coursework:
-Fermentation (for science)

Other:
EPQ; - production log (Feb-entry deadline; may-submission deadline)
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
November AS Mocks 2016:
Psychology: A
Applied Science: B
English Lang/Lit: B

Jan AS Mocks 2017
Media: B
Maths: D

June AS 2017:
Psychology: C
Applied Science: C
English Lang/Lit: D
Media: B
Maths: C

Academia:
Spoiler:
Show

I decided to create this thread, because Year 12 and AS was a really daunting experience despite working hard throughout the year and getting high grades in mocks. I was only examined at 3 at the time as my college decided to examine media and math mocks in January as they didnt want to put too much stress on me. I was going to drop maths anyways and media was just irrelvant to what I want to do. Towards exam season, I guess I started to crack under pressure doing 5 subjects and on results day my head of year was even surprised that I managed to get the grades that I did. Yet I was still disappointed. I felt like AS-levels were a step up in rigour and content from GCSE and there was a lot to learn. I ended up dropping Media and Maths (my weakest) to focus on my 3 main subjects: Psychology, Applied science and English. I was especially disappointed with English (as it was one of my best at GCSE) and Psychology (as I got As in the mocks). Anyhow my long-term aspiration is to become a Biomedical Scientist.

A little bit about me!

Spoiler:
Show

What I like:
-Netflix
-Movies
-Tv series
-Dramas - korean, japan, norwegian etc. -
Different cultures
-Food
-Animals
-Psychology
-Biology
-Chemistry
-English
-Books
-Reading
-Languages
-Technology
-Subtitles (they are a great invention)
-Travelling (I want to go to some European countries some day!)

What I don’t like:
-Bullying
-Hate
-Constructive criticism (I’ll take it with a pinch of salt)
-Labels
-Violence
-Liver
-Clams or oysters
-Sports
-Maths (who does?)
-Physics
-Snakes

Currently, I have 3 offers from universities to do Biomedical and 2 rejections (Oh well!). I'm still happy with what I have got

Goals:
>My goal is to get the highest grades I can. I feel this way I will of tried my best and I won't be constantly comparing my grades/targets with other people .
>To ACTUALLY update my thread, because my AS one sucked lol.

Remember guys, 2018 is not far but its a fresh start! Bring it on!

I am in the SAME situation bro! Except that I have not applied to any university yet because I am not from the UK and (CIE) A-levels are in October/November here.

My mock results were good too, but I had dropped a lot in my AS exams. Right now I am struggling to improve a whole tonne more.
TerribleGrades
Rep:
(Original post by wifd149)
I am in the SAME situation bro! Except that I have not applied to any university yet because I am not from the UK and (CIE) A-levels are in October/November here.

My mock results were good too, but I had dropped a lot in my AS exams. Right now I am struggling to improve a whole tonne more.
Keep at it man and update me on your progress. I had a look at your profile and I see that you also like Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul :P
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Keep at it man and update me on your progress. I had a look at your profile and I see that you also like Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul :P
Good to make a new friend! Thanks
TerribleGrades
Rep:
How close our exams are :unimpressed: vs how much you need to get done.

Updates as of 18/03/18:
-Started Microbiology

To-do list:

Pending coursework:

Other:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (147)
41.88%
Not yet, but I will soon (64)
18.23%
No (140)
39.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed