The Student Room Group

Stressing about a displinary hearing!!

Hello guys a few days back one of my friends copied this message from a coursework writing website letting people know of a writing service with my name and number in it and sent it to a list of contacts on my phone

That message somehow got to the university and they suspended me and sent me an email that i will having disciplinary hearing on a particular date soon and my suspension will be reviewed after 5 working days.

I was asked to send them a written representation of my side of the story which i will explain at the hearing. But i informed them that it wasn’t me who sent the intial message and that there is no proof of me taking anyone else’s work for money or plagirizing anyone’s work because I didn’t.

There was only an approach made to students at the uni to write their work for them and i denied making that approach via the text messages. I’m a second year student at the uni and i have never had to attend a disciplinary procedure or been in trouble with the uni for plagiarism or anything.

Do you think i can get away with a warning or will i be expelled from the uni?
This is pretty serious. Was there texts sent from your phone? What actually happened here? You're not really clear whether a friend gave a number and your name falsely or whether you were actually offering to write coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending