Admin Officer Pre-employment checks.

Watch
Musthe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all,

I was recently accepted on a provisional offer for an AO position in the midlands.

The dwp e-mail service sent e-mails of confirmation that told me that they had difficulties reading my documents in the OneDrive format and in the end asked me to send them off to the home office instead. However, I've not received anything from the home office saying that they have received my documents.
This is a massive concern as I don't want to miss the next lot of acceptance offers in the likely event that my pre-employment checks come back ok.

Does anyone know if they only contact you if something goes wrong and if they do phone you, do they do it from a private number? I missed a private number call last week..
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Musthe)
Hi all,

I was recently accepted on a provisional offer for an AO position in the midlands.

The dwp e-mail service sent e-mails of confirmation that told me that they had difficulties reading my documents in the OneDrive format and in the end asked me to send them off to the home office instead. However, I've not received anything from the home office saying that they have received my documents.
This is a massive concern as I don't want to miss the next lot of acceptance offers in the likely event that my pre-employment checks come back ok.

Does anyone know if they only contact you if something goes wrong and if they do phone you, do they do it from a private number? I missed a private number call last week..
Do you have a contact person and email address for them? They will let you know if they are missing anything or if there's a problem but if it's been a few weeks email and ask.
Musthe
Rep:
?
Hey thanks for the reply.

They haven't contacted me like they did before. The only concern I have is that I don't know if they received the documents in the first place as the home office doesn't send you an e-mail of confirmation.

I e-mailed them asking if they had received the documents using the civil services FAQ portal on the applications website but they didn't get back to me within the 48hrs.

On the applications website they are saying this:
"We're conducting some pre-employment checks before we make you a formal offer.

We'll contact you when we have finished these. "

I can't remember what it said before that though. If it said anything different at all.
Musthe
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help again.

They called me about half an hour ago with my start date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.17%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.34%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (40)
25.97%

Watched Threads