The Student Room Group

UCAS Offer rates

Basically I sent off my UCAS application to 5 universities 2 days ago so still early days however 3 have already replied back telling me they have received my application and will be reviewed shortly and they will get back to me ASAP roughly how long will that be?

And can unis also send acceptance letters through the post as well as email and on track?

In addition, what are the chances of getting rejected from all 5? ://///.

Sorry about the overload of questions... haha :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
why is ur profile picture a picture of ur chest wtf
Original post by Appleorpear
why is ur profile picture a picture of ur chest wtf

Why are you going to post rubbish like that wtf. looooool.

If you are not going to answer my question(s) I suggest you leave.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Dreamgirlxx
Basically I sent off my UCAS application to 5 universities 2 days ago so still early days however 3 have already replied back telling me they have received my application and will be reviewed shortly and they will get back to me ASAP roughly how long will that be?

And can unis also send acceptance letters through the post as well as email and on track?

Spoiler

The average is approx 5 weeks to get a decision, often much quicker, sometimes much slower...
You will usually hear first via UCAS Track.
Most people get 4 offers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
The average is approx 5 weeks to get a decision.
You will usually hear first via UCAS Track.
Most people get 4 offers.

Oh okay so quite a long wait then. So do I need to check Track regularly or should I just leave it for a few days?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 5

Spoiler

Depends how the uni’s allocate their places. Each uni does it differently, those with automatic place allocation (based on grades ie) will do it very quickly, or reject you very quickly. Other uni’s - especially if they look at personal statements and offer interviews - will take until 2018 (end of March in my case)
In either case the less you hear the better - they’re clearly considering you so don’t be put off by TSR forums going mad with unconditionals!
1) It totally depends on the uni. A couple of my unis sent me offers within a week whilst others took about 2 months! Some unis wait till January to give out offers and some start handing them out straight away, so it totally depends on the uni.

2) Some unis do send a letter through the post as well as through UCAS. Again, this just depends on the uni.

3) I highly doubt you’ll get 5 rejections. If you meet the entry criteria then you’ll get an offer. Simple :smile:
Reply 7
You should receive an email from UCAS saying there has been an update on your track page, which usually means they’ve offered you a place. In terms of time span, it really does depend on the university and the course you’ve applied to do, for example, Aberystwyth tend to reply pretty quickly, usually within a week, but places like Exeter can take several weeks, sometimes months. Good luck on your application! :smile:
Reply 8
Oh okay so quite a long wait then. So do I need to check Track regularly or should I just leave it for a few days?

Thank you :smile:

Track will notify you :smile: - although many people check at least once a day until the novelty wears off.

(and see my edit above.)
Original post by TimtheHo
Depends how the uni’s allocate their places. Each uni does it differently, those with automatic place allocation (based on grades ie) will do it very quickly, or reject you very quickly. Other uni’s - especially if they look at personal statements and offer interviews - will take until 2018 (end of March in my case)
In either case the less you hear the better - they’re clearly considering you so don’t be put off by TSR forums going mad with unconditionals!

Oh right okay! Wow so pretty competitive then I guess...

Yeah ahaha! Thank you :smile:
Original post by Kevin Hodge
1) It totally depends on the uni. A couple of my unis sent me offers within a week whilst others took about 2 months! Some unis wait till January to give out offers and some start handing them out straight away, so it totally depends on the uni.

2) Some unis do send a letter through the post as well as through UCAS. Again, this just depends on the uni.

3) I highly doubt you’ll get 5 rejections. If you meet the entry criteria then you’ll get an offer. Simple :smile:

Right okay I get you! Thanks for the reply :h:

Original post by izzyb16
You should receive an email from UCAS saying there has been an update on your track page, which usually means they’ve offered you a place. In terms of time span, it really does depend on the university and the course you’ve applied to do, for example, Aberystwyth tend to reply pretty quickly, usually within a week, but places like Exeter can take several weeks, sometimes months. Good luck on your application! :smile:

Okay thank you! :h:
Original post by Doonesbury
Track will notify you :smile: - although many people check at least once a day until the novelty wears off.

(and see my edit above.)

Yeah haha! Okay will wait till it does! :smile:

Thanks again! :h:
Reply 12

Spoiler

To add to the other answers, I received my earliest offer about 2 weeks after submitting and my latest a few days before the response deadline in march, so it varies a lot!

If you've made a fair application, it's very unlikely you'll be rejected from all 5 straight away. For reference, I applied to 1 above, 3 at and 1 below my target grades and was rejected by 2.
Original post by Ed5
To add to the other answers, I received my earliest offer about 2 weeks after submitting and my latest a few days before the response deadline in march, so it varies a lot!

If you've made a fair application, it's very unlikely you'll be rejected from all 5 straight away. For reference, I applied to 1 above, 3 at and 1 below my target grades and was rejected by 2.

Oh wow so really varied! :smile:

Okay so not too bad I guess! Thanks for the reply :h:
Oh right okay! Wow so pretty competitive then I guess...

Yeah ahaha! Thank you :smile:

Let us know how you do!!
I got 4 condiitonal others within a week of sending my application off. Dont panic you will get at least 3 offers 100%, unis want as many students as possible £££££

Original post by TimtheHo
Let us know how you do!!

Original post by lolgcsecomeonbo
I got 4 condiitonal others within a week of sending my application off. Dont panic you will get at least 3 offers 100%, unis want as many students as possible £££££

Yeah for sure haha yesterday i received 2 conditional offers and it's only been two days! :smile:

And 1 today! The 3rd day of applying haha!

One other came back to me yesterday! So four conditional offers! And it's a week today! :h:

Still waiting for 1 other to get back to me... fingers crossed!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending