The Student Room Group

help!!!! edge hill university MNSW nursing and social work interview?

my interview is the week and i need help with my question!!!
i need to prepare an answer to a question in order to present for approximately five minutes at interview. The question is “What opportunities do you think the role of the integrated practitioner in nursing and social work brings, and what challenges might exist alongside such opportunities?”
I have my interview in January, I need start preparing my response on this too. How have you found the interview process?
Reply 2
Hi , I have been sent the same question, my interview is in two weeks . How did you guys get on? Xx
Original post by 88jade88
Hi , I have been sent the same question, my interview is in two weeks . How did you guys get on? Xx

Hey,

I had my interview two weeks ago and got offered a place on the course. They where really nice in the interview and it wasn't as tough as I thought, if you need any help just DM me :smile:
Reply 4
I’m on the first cohort now of MNSW students at Edge Hill.
Opportunities an intergrated practitioner brings:
- holistic care
- can speed up care and discharge of patients needing support from both aspects in an acute setting
- well rounded approach to care provided
- continuity in care
- both social work and nursing have similar values (get to know the nursing and social work values)

Challenges:
- competing demands of the two different professional domains
- trying to balance pressure of two job roles
- high expectations due to being duel qualified

Hope that’s some ideas for you and it goes well!
Reply 5
Original post by Millies97
Hey,

I had my interview two weeks ago and got offered a place on the course. They where really nice in the interview and it wasn't as tough as I thought, if you need any help just DM me :smile:

Hi I was wondering if you had any tips on where to start my answer and what I should be including thank you
Reply 6
I have my interview in 2 days and I was only given the question yesterday. I am struggling to find a lot of research on integrated nurse/social work. can you offer any advice or guidance please
Reply 7
Original post by Kmac1
I have my interview in 2 days and I was only given the question yesterday. I am struggling to find a lot of research on integrated nurse/social work. can you offer any advice or guidance please

Hi - I’m not sure what your question is but look up the values of both professions and see what is similar in them. I’d look up holistic care planning/continuity in care also what HEE have said recently regarding the introduction of the new role. The challenges of working within two professional bodies etc. Hope that helps
Reply 8
Original post by KatieL96
Hi - I’m not sure what your question is but look up the values of both professions and see what is similar in them. I’d look up holistic care planning/continuity in care also what HEE have said recently regarding the introduction of the new role. The challenges of working within two professional bodies etc. Hope that helps

Same question as above. I think I have enough to get going now. thank you so much for your help!
Hi, Ive just recently applied for this course for September 2021, what would be the questions that might be told in a interview if possible? also do we also need to add examples into the roles of nursing and social work when explaining ??
Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by Itz_loulou02
Hi, Ive just recently applied for this course for September 2021, what would be the questions that might be told in a interview if possible? also do we also need to add examples into the roles of nursing and social work when explaining ??
Thanks

Hi, I've also applied for September 2021. Have you found anything useful for responding to this question? Thanks
Reply 11
Original post by JessB03
Hi, I've also applied for September 2021. Have you found anything useful for responding to this question? Thanks

I've also applied for September 2021. I was just wondering if you guys have got any offers or anything?
I just had my interview today and was offered a place during the interview ! :smile: I applied for the children's nursing and social work integrated degree X
Hi i have an interview on Wednesday helpppppp please xx

Quick Reply