roromagar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I take A level photography, IT and BTEC level 3 national extended certificate Law which is equivalent to an A level. I’m predicted to get an A* in photography, Distinction in IT and Distinction in Law. Will I be able to apply for law in oxbridge?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by roromagar)
I take A level photography, IT and BTEC level 3 national extended certificate Law which is equivalent to an A level. I’m predicted to get an A* in photography, Distinction in IT and Distinction in Law. Will I be able to apply for law in oxbridge?
No. The BTECs will not be accepted as equivalent to A-level.
dontcallmesammy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can apply to Oxford OR Cambridge. Not both.
ChemistryGuy1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No your subjects aren't facilitating
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oxford allows you to take any subject combination, but says it is helpful if your subjects are academic. Oxford uses the LNAT, which is a very good illustration of academic ability to study law. Even though you have not particularly academic subjects, that could be overcome by exemplary performance in the LNAT and perhaps interview.

But basically, no. You don't stand a chance. BTEC is quite a bit easier than A-Level and you don't even have the top marks predicted (D*).
roromagar
Rep:
?
(Original post by dontcallmesammy)
You can apply to Oxford OR Cambridge. Not both.
I heard Cambridge doesn’t really care about your GCSEs?
roromagar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
Oxford allows you to take any subject combination, but says it is helpful if your subjects are academic. Oxford uses the LNAT, which is a very good illustration of academic ability to study law. Even though you have not particularly academic subjects, that could be overcome by exemplary performance in the LNAT and perhaps interview.

But basically, no. You don't stand a chance. BTEC is quite a bit easier than A-Level and you don't even have the top marks predicted (D*).
I’m confused. Aren’t BTEC Level 3 National extended certificated equivalent to one A level?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by roromagar)
I’m confused. Aren’t BTEC Level 3 National extended certificated equivalent to one A level?
They are, in theory. Unfortunately they are not treated equally. Neither Oxford or Cambridge recognise BTECs for law so essentially you're applying with a single A-level in an unrelated subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise