The Student Room Group

Volunteering at a charity shop but didn't go today

Called in 15 minutes after I was supposed to be there and told them I couldn't come in today. They said that it was fine but they also said something about 'crossing me off the list'. I'm kind of scared that was their way to sneakily fire me from the job because I'm not sure if they were talking about a definitive list or just a register for the day. I'm supposed to do this once a week and now I'm scared of going next week. This may seem silly but I'm so paranoid right now. What do you guys think? Surely I have nothing to worry about as long as they didn't explicitly fire me?
Original post by chillimanners
Called in 15 minutes after I was supposed to be there and told them I couldn't come in today. They said that it was fine but they also said something about 'crossing me off the list'. I'm kind of scared that was their way to sneakily fire me from the job because I'm not sure if they were talking about a definitive list or just a register for the day. I'm supposed to do this once a week and now I'm scared of going next week. This may seem silly but I'm so paranoid right now. What do you guys think? Surely I have nothing to worry about as long as they didn't explicitly fire me?

You dont say what you couldnt make it and how long you had been doing the job for?

I think you are worrying over nothing and that by crossing you off the list it was just the list for today about volunteers that might come in. They have a list and they just ring round till they get enough.
Was this your first time volunteering there? Why did you phone them 15 minutes late? -A genuine question.

Quick Reply