Remedies for skin rash Watch

Laus
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
My mum has had a rash for about a week now. She has been to the doctors and they prescribed her two types of antihistamine and she's using some medicated cream as well. I was just wondering if anyone's used anything that has helped to get rid of a really sore/itchy rash. It isn't like your normal everyday itch - it's driving her mad day and night.

Thanks in advance,

Laus
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
wear cotton clothing, keep on with medication and dont scratch! an oatmeal bath might help too
Inside
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to get heat rash a lot when I was little and found calamine lotion really good; very cooling.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Calamine lotion.
Laus
:ta:, guys.
Elz
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Tell her to try Aqueous Cream. I was recommended it by the nurse practitioner at my uni 'cause I get bad psoriasis on my elbows, and it soothes it pretty much straight away
jellybaby1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is the skin broken? I think you aren't supposed to put certain things on skin if it's split open, but it will usually say on it if you can't. I have a really good cream called doublebase that helps itching, you can get it from the chemist and I don't think its prescription.
Laus
Thanks guys, I'll look out for both.

We think it might be this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditio...rticaria.shtml
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Canestan hydrocortisone is good, I use it mainly on sweat rash.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads