The Student Room Group

maths

:smile:i have a quick question does anybody know anything about aqa maths GCSE higher tier

i'm homeschooled and i am sitting the exams as a private candidate
so it's a little harder to find the tips and tricks about the spec especially
due to the 9-1 marking

any help or advice would be amazing :smile:

many thanks !!
Reply 1
Do past papers!!! Like nothing beats it! The more practice you do, the better you'll get!!!
Reply 2
thanks are there any for the new spec
Reply 3
Revise algebra and simultaneous equations of circles etc till you can do it without having to think. Simultaneous equations help with the graph questions at the end. Revise circles and stuff. Just revise in general. I wanted a 9 and only got an 8 because I didn't revise at all out of school.
Reply 4
Original post by ummarahman
thanks are there any for the new spec

Yeah there's three i think, if you just search up your board and maths specimen papers they should come up. Also do past paper exams as well, like yes we are the new spec but at the end of the day maths is still the same and has the same foundation the only difference is the we have a few extra topics and they are just harder but other than that the first like 15 questions is the same as the old syllabus. This is for edexcel im talking i dont know if its the same for all the others, sorry if your not edexcel, im not that much of a help!

Quick Reply

Latest