username3527640
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey. At the moment, I am going through all my textbooks and summarising them on QUIZLET, so revision is easier during year 11. In my Sociology 9-1 textbook there is a two sentence summary on the whole page. I don't know whether to use the pre- written summary or read and write my own summaries, in the process of reading the whole textbook thoroughly. What do you guys think?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shae.m)
Hey. At the moment, I am going through all my textbooks and summarising them on QUIZLET, so revision is easier during year 11. In my Sociology 9-1 textbook there is a two sentence summary on the whole page. I don't know whether to use the pre- written summary or read and write my own summaries, in the process of reading the whole textbook thoroughly. What do you guys think?
A two sentence summary sounds too broad.
Not all things are suitable for flash cards. revision notes and mind maps have their place.

Make your own notes that contain the level of info you need, which should be more detailed imo. You can always add the summary in, just so you arent missing out.

Lets say there were 20 chapters in the book, so the whole subject could be reduced to 40 sentences? Doesnt seem enough detail.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.5%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27%
No (52)
26%
I'm not sure (27)
13.5%

Watched Threads