jiaxbts26
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I have been trying to apply for student finance as a part-time student (for 2017/18) as this year I have to repeat two modules. I've tried numerous times to do it online, but it doesn't let me go past the 'previous study' section, particularly the part where it says to enter the start and end date of the course I'm doing. Currently I attend Aston University and started my course in late Aug/early Sept 2015 and was due to finish it in June 2019, however due to extenuating circumstances I'll end up finishing in 2020. It says to 'You need to enter a date that comes on or before 31 August 2017'.

I have gotten into contact with student finance england over the phone and was advised that I should try applying in different browsers or just apply by downloading the student finance form and posting it out to student finance england. I've attached that form to this - hopefully you'll be able to see it, if not, this the link to website I downloaded the form from - https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...to-2018/yes/no. I just want to find out if it's the right one before I fill it in and post it. I was also wondering how long it would take for the application to be processed and be successful.

Thank you.
Attached files
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jiaxbts26)
Hi,
I have been trying to apply for student finance as a part-time student (for 2017/18) as this year I have to repeat two modules. I've tried numerous times to do it online, but it doesn't let me go past the 'previous study' section, particularly the part where it says to enter the start and end date of the course I'm doing. Currently I attend Aston University and started my course in late Aug/early Sept 2015 and was due to finish it in June 2019, however due to extenuating circumstances I'll end up finishing in 2020. It says to 'You need to enter a date that comes on or before 31 August 2017'.

I have gotten into contact with student finance england over the phone and was advised that I should try applying in different browsers or just apply by downloading the student finance form and posting it out to student finance england. I've attached that form to this - hopefully you'll be able to see it, if not, this the link to website I downloaded the form from - https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...to-2018/yes/no. I just want to find out if it's the right one before I fill it in and post it. I was also wondering how long it would take for the application to be processed and be successful.

Thank you.
Hi jiaxbts26,

I have looked at the part time form and yes that is the correct one.

http://bit.ly/2AECi7o

Thanks

Louise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.32%
I'm not sure (33)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.79%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (380)
49.16%

Watched Threads