Thoughts on University of West London UWL??? Watch

BiancaMD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello all,

I have been given an offer to study law (LLB) at UWL. What are your thoughts on the uni? future perspectives and teaching quality?

Do you go there? How are you finding it?

Also, opinions on MMU, Greenwich, University of Law London and UWE would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Nasir1738
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not a great uni, not worth your money, especially doing law there, won’t get you a job MMU or UWE is the best option
BiancaMD
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nasir1738)
Not a great uni, not worth your money, especially doing law there, won’t get you a job MMU or UWE is the best option
What makes you say so?
I am thinking of putting it down as my insurance but I haven't decided yet.
What do you think of Greenwich or University of Law London? (I would prefer to study in London if possible)
Nasir1738
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s just not gonna get you a great job as a lawyer, plus the university is not well regarded, Greenwich is better not sure about Law London
BiancaMD
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nasir1738)
It’s just not gonna get you a great job as a lawyer, plus the university is not well regarded, Greenwich is better not sure about Law London
I understand, I am a bit torn as I have been hearing mixed comments about it and haven't been able to find anything in regards to Law (apart from people that work there, of course, which is biased)
S.H.Rahman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd say the University of Law London for sure as their course is accredited whereas the one at Greenwich is not. Having an accredited University degree will make it much easier to get a good job in Law.
BiancaMD
Rep:
?
(Original post by S.H.Rahman)
I'd say the University of Law London for sure as their course is accredited whereas the one at Greenwich is not. Having an accredited University degree will make it much easier to get a good job in Law.
The one at Greenwich is also accredited.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BiancaMD)
What makes you say so?
I am thinking of putting it down as my insurance but I haven't decided yet.
What do you think of Greenwich or University of Law London? (I would prefer to study in London if possible)
University of law is a nice location, right on tottenham court rd tube station. Did my foundation close to it, always ate lunch at a burger place next to there lol.
BethanKG
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Bianca

I studied at UWL for Psychology and the teaching was absolutely excellent. The lecturers were really helpful and easy to talk to, and I often used to go the them after a lecture to ask about all the points that I didn't understand.

UWL is known as the career's university and the career team here is brilliant (oh, and you have access to them for you whole life if you become a student here!)

I understand Law and Psychology are different but I really enjoyed my time at UWL and really rate the Lecturers.

Any questions, just ask

Good luck with your choice!

Bethan
BiancaMD
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by BethanKG)
Hi Bianca

I studied at UWL for Psychology and the teaching was absolutely excellent. The lecturers were really helpful and easy to talk to, and I often used to go the them after a lecture to ask about all the points that I didn't understand.

UWL is known as the career's university and the career team here is brilliant (oh, and you have access to them for you whole life if you become a student here!)

I understand Law and Psychology are different but I really enjoyed my time at UWL and really rate the Lecturers.

Any questions, just ask

Good luck with your choice!

Bethan
Hey Bethan

Thank you so much for getting back to me. It sounds like you had a great experience.

You have definitely helped clarify some things so thank you for that!
MamaJama90
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Does anyone do Social Work there? Im reallkeen on knowing your experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.94%
They've been reasonable (78)
41.27%
Not feeling great... (49)
25.93%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
24.87%

Watched Threads