I REALLY messed up my politics and psychology exams. Watch

Mr_Steve_Stifler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
So, It turns out that my lack of preparation has cost me. Big time.

In my psychology exam i did only one study for stress management in the first section. Will i still be able to get an A?

Even worse, my aqa politics exam. I spent way too long on the 8 markers and accidentally only did half of the last 22 marker...will this wreck my chances of an A at the end of the year for AS?
On the bright side, I did the 8 markers well be does that count for much towards getting my set target grade: A. My first 22 marker was average.

So for the younger kids, a bit of advice, don't go to continous parties doing this and that before the exam!
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Psychology exam board?
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
aqa. I think I got around a D for my politics. Is it even possible to get an A at the end of the year, how well do i have to do?
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldnt beat yourself up too much about it. You may not have done as bad as you think, and anyways, hopefully, if you've learnt your lesson, you will retake and doo better in june
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok, feel free to discuss it.
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
I don't want to resit, it'll look crap on my ucas because i'm applying for law at some top unis. I was being a cocky git and i'e payed the price as i was predicted 5 As. I've learnt my lesson but if i do get a D in politics would it mean i can't get an A at the end of the year?
smalltownboy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you resit it in June, it won't show up on your UCAS AFAIK
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Yes, but don't the universities know what date you sat them on so they'd figure it out? TBH, it is my own darn fault, i did no plan essays whatsoever like i did in the past. I will have to stop my social life for a bit.
Andy Conda
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BTB)
Yes, but don't the universities know what date you sat them on so they'd figure it out? TBH, it is my own darn fault, i did no plan essays whatsoever like i did in the past. I will have to stop my social life for a bit.
boo hoo .... SO you had a bad day, the exam wen't terrible, but there no point worrying over it. Just hope for the best, and you may just be suprised. All i can say is work harder next time, just because you might of achived A* ect at GCSE's, that dos'nt mean A-level gonna be a walk in the park. Seriously it is'nt.
smalltownboy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Schools take exams at different times. Some other schools will be taking that particular politics exam in June, so I am pretty sure they will not know about it.
veggie4life
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Agh you had the same two exams as me! I wouln't worry about psychology too much but unfortunatly I doubt you'll be able to get an A in the politics if you got a D in this module - to be honest i'd retake it a retake will look better than a low grade
XJustineX
Report 10 years ago
Also people retake exams even if they got an a but want to improve it to a higher a....so the unis may not judge re takes as much as you think. It may turn out better than you think with your exam....for my as january models i was convinced i did rubbish and got an a and b. At least you have learned for the future though so ...1 positive thing xxx
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Thank you, i really should've listened to the adults telling me that i wasting my 'talent'. Its a shame that i only realise when things have gone tits up! Will Cambridge/Oxford know that I did ****e in my first try if i resit or will they not realise anything at all?
Maximus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're sitting exams for FIVE subjects, will one module really impact your application for "law at some top unis"?
Mr_Steve_Stifler
Rep:
?
Yeah but if i get a D:
a). it will be really hard to get an A at the end with all my other subjects too.
b). i may not even be able to get an A at all!
Andy Conda
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BTB)
Yeah but if i get a D:
a). it will be really hard to get an A at the end with all my other subjects too.
Without re-take you won't get an A. Have a chat with your teachers
Maximus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BTB)
Yeah but if i get a D:
Perhaps brining your attention to the age-old debate of quality vs quantity might help.
westlife2005
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I messed up my Business exam as one of my worst things is starting at the beginning and then running out of time so i ended up missing out two of the big mark questions at the end - well i managed to write 4 lines for one of them but that's about it! Did the same thing in my mock in November!

So i think whatever grade i get i'll resit in June as i'll do it differently and do the big mark questions first!

But with regards to you and your Psychology, i was speaking to my mate about this today as she does AQA Psychology A2 and the Psychology teachers at our school are making everyone doing Psychology resit either their AS or their A2 basically whichever exam for Psychology they did worst on, they have to resit - so i really wouldn't worry about it! Resit it and ye'll be grand!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?