The Student Room Group

Bath vs Leeds vs Nottingham

Hello!

I have applied to University of Bath, University of Leeds and University of Nottingham where I will be getting my Masters in Human Resource Management. If anyone could give me any advice on both the universities and the programs I would be so appreciative! I'm interested in which would be the best choice based on location, student satisfaction, student activities, program, ranking and reputation of school and employability prospects. Also I will be coming from a university in the U.S! Thanks in advance!
Original post by katclapp
Hello!

I have applied to University of Bath, University of Leeds and University of Nottingham where I will be getting my Masters in Human Resource Management. If anyone could give me any advice on both the universities and the programs I would be so appreciative! I'm interested in which would be the best choice based on location, student satisfaction, student activities, program, ranking and reputation of school and employability prospects. Also I will be coming from a university in the U.S! Thanks in advance!

Hey!

I couldn't express my opinion about Leeds and Nottingham since I've never been there, but I can tell you about Bath. I'm currently an undergraduate, studying Management with Marketing, at the University of Bath, and I love my course, as well as the campus and the city! When I first looked at the rankings, I was quite impressed with how well the School of Management is doing. Even though Leeds and Nottingham have really good business schools, I think Bath exceeds through employability prospects and student satisfaction. http://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/rankings-and-reputation/

There are always recruiters coming to our campus from companies such as Danone and PWC to hold events for students and to explain their interview process. There are a lot of workshops to make sure students improve their skills, such as: assessment centre preparation, public speaking, how to create an image online for employers, writing critically. We also have a career service through which the university can offer you guidance on your CV and your cover letter. http://www.bath.ac.uk/students/careers/

As for student activities, there is so much to do on campus! I was kind of overwhelmed when I came here and I saw all the societies and all the volunteering activities. You can get involved in charity work or learn how to dance salsa or you can start training for a new sport you have always wanted to do and next year try for the team.

The campus gives you a community feeling and it's 15 minutes away from the city, if you take the bus, and 30 minutes away if you walk. Even though it's a small city, it has everything you need and the city centre looks so beautiful, especially during Christmas time. When I went to Exeter, they were offering buses to get students to the Christmas market in Bath.

University of Bath has a really good reputation and some employers are recruiting students exclusively from our uni. Companies support the student's union activities so it's easy to go to a meet & greet and network with them.

I hope I answered some of your questions and if you would like to know more details just quote me!

Good luck!

Elena
Original post by katclapp
Hello!

Hey hello, I have also applied for HRM in Leeds, Nottingham & Loughborough. What are you thinking to firm? I really like the course module of Nottingham so I'm in a dilemma.
Hey, which one did you choose in the end? How is the university that you chose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending