University hall accommodation adviceWatch
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what hall to live in. I am a 20 year old, 3rd year undergraduate student (out of 4) in the United States, who will be spending a semester abroad in Manchester for semester 2. I'm not sure if I want to be in the city, Fallowfield or Victoria either.
1) I would like to be around undergraduate students that are in their (undergraduate) 3rd/4th years of study as opposed to 1st/2nd years of study. Mainly just not around 1st years. It would also be nice to live near where the other international students stay, but not a big deal if not.
2) I would like it to be ensuite. Ideally I would have my own room/bathroom, but I am not greatly opposed to sharing an apartment with a couple roommates.
3) I would like a relatively quiet place to sleep and study, but I would like to be close to social areas/bars or close enough that it wouldn’t inhibit my social life
4) I would like a self-catered hall.
5) I will be taking 2 chemistry (possibly dropping one), 1 anthropology, 1 history of science/technology/medicine and 1 music course, so I'm assuming no matter where I am, there will always be classes where I have a long commute to.
Thanks for the help
More about the University of Manchester
I think that Burkhardt or Liberty Park might be good for me in Victoria Park.
Also Sheavyn House and Richmond Park in Fallowfield.
Out of these options, where are most of the 2nd & 3rd years if any? Also how would those options compare?
Thanks loads in advance.
Hey, I'm an exchange student coming from Canada to Manchester this January. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, but glad to meet another exchange student! I mainly applied to Fallowfield residences though. From what I understand most upper years don't live on residence. Maybe some of the international students stay on res?
Hey whats up! Hahah no worries I posted here on a whim, but I kind of got the feel of the residences from the StudentCrowd.com. Nice to meet you! I actually applied to all Fallowfield as well, Sheavyn, Richmond & Woolton. It does look like most upper years live in non university halls. I get the feeling that most of us exchange students will be at Fallowfield in University halls though so it should be fine. But who knows I've no idea what to expect out of this haha
Nice! I applied to Sheavyn and Richmond too! Maybe we'll be roomies haha. I think we find out which res we get in January. I don't really check this forum a whole lot so message me if you wanna stay in touch. It'd be great to know someone before the term even starts lol