The Student Room Group

Telling college I'm trans?

I'm trans and in September I'll be going to college, I wanted to go to college as a fresh start, where no one knows me or knows that I'm trans, I've never been misgendered in public or by anybody that doesn't know me personally, but in my school some teachers mess up on my pronouns because they know I'm trans and tbh I just want to be perceived as a guy, I would be perfectly fine with telling them I'm a gay guy but don't want to let them know I'm trans because to me I'm just a normal boy and I'm not ashamed of being trans but to me not everyone needs to know yanno? Would I have to tell them that I'm trans?
Original post by Jaackthelad
I'm trans and in September I'll be going to college, I wanted to go to college as a fresh start, where no one knows me or knows that I'm trans, I've never been misgendered in public or by anybody that doesn't know me personally, but in my school some teachers mess up on my pronouns because they know I'm trans and tbh I just want to be perceived as a guy, I would be perfectly fine with telling them I'm a gay guy but don't want to let them know I'm trans because to me I'm just a normal boy and I'm not ashamed of being trans but to me not everyone needs to know yanno? Would I have to tell them that I'm trans?

Reaveal yourself, you will get attention :wink:
Reply 2
honestly, you will probably have to tell them. they would most likely need your legal documents and if your gender marker or name havent been changed on them it would out you. they would have your legal name on their system, so things like a register could be in your deadname. you can meet with them before you enrol and tell them that your trans and of your prefered pronouns and name. they should start using prefered name at that point on the register. A few friends came out as trans during college and the majority of people were respectful of the whole thing.
As if anyone really cares what you think, say or do...

You have an inflated ego. Any bullying you have received has been purposed to deflate your ego and humble you. It obviously hasn't benefitted you, yet.

Where there is life there is hope...
You don't have to tell anyone. If the people you meet at college are nice people then as somebody already said, you may get attention for it. Talking to the teachers privately about who you are may help so they know who to address you by in future. Whether or not you're comfortable with everyone knowing that you're trans, you may also need to talk to your teacher about that so they know whether it's ok to share it with the class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending